Skip navigation
tindelvideo
Currently Being Moderated

How do I get other team members to review and mark footage who don't have CS6

Mar 8, 2013 2:05 AM

Hi

I'm using Premier Pro CS6 and and need to get sign off for 4-6 videos a day.

In older versions of Premier Pro I used to be able to export a PDF with video embedded, that worked great.

I've now found out in CS5 that CS Review replaces this functionality.

Is there a simple way other than a pen a paper or spreadsheet that I can get collegues to review footage and feed back information back to me.

Rgds

Lee

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2013 5:10 AM   in reply to tindelvideo

CS Review for Premiere Pro was a feature in CS5, but following customer feedback it was removed and is no longer operational. PDF-based reviews in Acrobat Pro are the functional replacement within CS6, but they cannot be directly-created from within Premiere Pro or Adobe Media Encoder.

You can certainly place a video into a PDF file using Acrobat Pro - but it has to be in a format supported by Flash Player (FLV, F4V or H.264).

The workflow for CS6 is therefore:

• Export media from Premiere Pro using H.264 or Flash Video presets at suitably-low quality.
    • Drag-drop the saved video file into Acrobat Pro
    • Comment Panel > Review > "Send for Shared Review"
    • It's advised to review using the automatic Adobe Online Services repository so that people don't have to re-upload the PDF file itself.

[PS - there's a video tutorial for Acrobat X here - the UI is now a little different but the principles are the same ]

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points