Skip navigation
Kashing_
Currently Being Moderated

About testing asp webpages

Mar 7, 2013 11:46 PM

Hello all! Recently I am developing my own dynamic webpages. I have installed Apache 2.2 and the server was tested to be ok (i.e. "it works" was shown when I typed http://localhost/ in my IE9 browser). I was using Dreamweaver (DW) MX. I successfully linked an Access database to my unfinished ASP webpage by Apache 2.2 and I could drag a database item appearing on the right hand side of DW MXand drop it onto the unfinished ASP webpage. When I saved the finished webpage as .asp webpage and previewd it, what I saw in the browser was only all the source codes of the .asp webpage.

Was it due to the problem that Apache 2.2 could only process static webpages so the .asp webpage could not be shown?  Please indicate other steps that I have missed if any. Thank you for your helpful answering!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 7, 2013 11:58 PM   in reply to Kashing_

ASP requires Microsoft IIS server - it does not run under Apache. Classic ASP is very old technology that has not been updated in over 10 years. If you are just learning how to develop dynamic pages, there are better choices, like PHP. Is there a reason you've choosen ASP?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 9:03 AM   in reply to Kashing_

You *can* make .NET run on Apache, but I wouldn't recommend that. PHP is the way to go 100%.

Easy implementation of PHP? Like what do you mean?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 10:20 AM   in reply to Kashing_

ACCESS Databases are not a good web technology. Move to the present and use server-side databases.

Use PHP with MySql on Apache. 

Use ASP.net with MsSql on Win IIs.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2013 5:10 AM   in reply to Kashing_

I don't understand what you mean by "renaming of codes". Anyhow, Google this phrase "WAMP on windows vista" and you will find a number of potentially helpful links.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points