Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is there an enterprise installer for Adobe Drive?

Mar 8, 2013 3:34 AM

OK, I may have missed it but I need to rollout to a number of users simultaneously.

As with other Adobe products is there some form of Enterprise package creation/installer?

Cheers

Phil

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2013 9:32 AM   in reply to PhilToo

You can utilize the AAMEE 3.1 tool (with Adobe Drive 4): http://www.adobe.com/devnet/creativesuite/enterprisedeployment.edu.htm l

We recommend the following steps (these are for the Mac):

1. Mount the AD 4.0.0 installer dmg, and copy the root folder named "runtime"

2. In a different Finder window, right click on the new AD 4.0.0 installer package generated by AAMEE, and select Show Package Contents

3. Navigate from there down to /Contents/Resouces/Setup, and paste the runtime folder there, resulting in this new path: /Contents/Resources/Setup/runtime/adobe_caps.framework

Then install Adobe Drive 4 by running the modified AMEE package.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 3:58 AM   in reply to Laurel Zimmer

Are there similar recommended steps for the windows version of adobe drive 4?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 10:49 AM   in reply to shry_nz_007

There is supposed to be a Windows Enterprise Installer, you can follow the installation instructions here http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AdobeDrive/4.2/Adobe_Drive_Admin_Guide.pdf

However, I am getting stuck and need some help.

I have used AAMEE 3.1 to create a package for AD 4.0.0

As stated above when I first ran the MSI file that was created bu AAMEE 3.1 I encountered the following error

WARNING: DW039: Payload {C3BC3DF1-83AB-4808-A672-474E15340D4B} Adobe Drive 4 4.0.0.0 is not installed so should not be there in the deployment file

After reading through the logs I found the entries

C:\Users\username\Desktop\Adobe Drive 4.0\Build\\Setup\runtime\adobe_caps.dll

Caps Library path doesn't exist

Caps Library load Failed or Function Resolving failed

Custom action return code: 65535

There was no "runtime" folder underneath the Setup folder. I looked at the original installer and located the "runtime" folder and copied it to the Setup folder as Laurel mentions above.

I am now seeing this error as the first error in the logs when I run the AAMEE msi file, then it rolls back.

::START TIMER:: [Pre payload :{C3BC3DF1-83AB-4808-A672-474E15340D4B}]

In PrePayloadInstallProc

Adobe Player for Embedding

Adobe Player for Embedding x64

Adobe Drive 4 x64

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

Adobe Drive 4

AdobeJRE

Custom action return code: 65535

:: END TIMER :: [Pre payload :{C3BC3DF1-83AB-4808-A672-474E15340D4B}] took 80.5097 milliseconds (0.0805097 seconds)

[    4564] Wed Apr 17 18:35:47 2013 ERROR

DW030: Custom Action for payload {C3BC3DF1-83AB-4808-A672-474E15340D4B} Adobe Drive 4 4.0.0.0 returned error. Failing this payload.

The summary at the end of the log displays:

WARNING: DW039: Payload {C3BC3DF1-83AB-4808-A672-474E15340D4B} Adobe Drive 4 4.0.0.0 is not installed so should not be there in the deployment file

I have run the Adobe Support Adviser on the log file and I get nspection could not identify any issues.

I have full CS6 Web and Design Premium installed on the computer.

I have tried he same process with Adobe Drive 4.0 and Adobe Drive 4.2 and get the same errors.

Can anyone help, I have a deadline of Friday to have Adobe Drive deployed within our environment......

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2013 1:28 PM   in reply to PhilToo

For the folks who are experiencing this issue on Win; we'll be following up with you offline to troubleshoot. We will the post the outcome(s) on the forums.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2013 9:32 PM   in reply to Laurel Zimmer

On Windows, the equivalent workaround is:

1. in the original (non-AAMEE) installer, locate the runtime folder named \AdobeDrive4-mul\runtime

2. copy the runtime folder above, and paste it to the AAMEE-generated installer here: \Build\Setup\, resulting in this new folder: \Build\Setup\runtime

Then install Adobe Drive 4 by running the AAMEE-generated MSI installer. Note that on Win (unlike on OS X) the installer runs straight through, without interactive UI, so after it has finished you can double-check that it was installed successfully.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 5:52 AM   in reply to C. Agruss (Adobe)

C. Arguss, is that not what I put in my previous post. I managed to get that far myself.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 10:00 AM   in reply to djkarluk

Hi DJ Karl UK (am I parsing your handle correctly or butchering it?),

Yes, that's essentially the same thing that Laurel and you were describing earlier, except that I included the full paths involved to avoid any possible ambiguity.

Last night I ran these same steps through AAMEE 3.1.105, using Adobe Drive 4.2.0 on Win7 64-bit. In my case, the resulting AAMEE MSI completed successfully on the first attempt after adding the runtime folder into the path described.

I did notice that you report a different error after that in your own case:

> DW030: Custom Action for payload {C3BC3DF1-83AB-4808-A672-474E15340D4B} Adobe Drive 4 4.0.0.0 returned error.

The Custom Action is only doing one thing: it checks for a qualifying CS6 product installed. You mentioned that you have both CS6 Web and Design Premium installed, but you didn't say exactly which products from those Suites that you have installed (e.g. Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6, etc...), or if you installed every available product from those suites. Is it fair to assume that you had at least Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6, or InDesign CS6 installed on the target machine where the AAMEE-generated installer failed, before trying to deploy Adobe Drive to that machine?

If not, I think that was the source of the error you encountered.

If you already have one of those qualifying CS6 products installed on the target machine, and it still fails, then please send some additional details:

- is the target machine you're testing with running Win7, or some other version of Windows?

- is that version of Windows 32-bit or 64-bit?

- are you creating a 32-bit or 64-bit installer with AAMEE?

- are you creating the AAMEE installer on the same machine where you tested deploying it to afterwards, or have you tried deploying to different machines too?

- if you created the AAMEE-generated MSI on a different machine configuration than the target machine(s), will you also send the same details above about the machine used for running AAMEE (Windows version, 32-bit versus 64-bit)?

Thanks,

-Chris

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 8:19 AM   in reply to PhilToo

Hi Phil,

It appears that you already found a viable workaround. From the paths you mention, I'm assuming you're running on OS X.

If you want us to look into the details of why the AAMEE-generated installer didn't run successfully there, will you please send some details? In particular:

- which version of OS X were you running on the machine used to generated the AAMEE installer

- which version of OS X are you running on the target machines for deployment?

- which CS6 products do you have installed on the target machines before deployment?

- error message from the end of the installer log.

The logs are available under /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers on OS X (on Win these logs are under C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers).

Thanks,

-Chris

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points