Skip navigation
Brian b234
Currently Being Moderated

Tone curve RGB

Mar 8, 2013 4:53 AM

I am trying to alter individual RGB channels within the tone curve box, but I don't get a pop up dialoge box. I saw a mention of PV 2010 and PV 2003, but I don't know what these are, or if one can convert to them.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2013 5:04 AM   in reply to Brian b234

What version of LR are you using? RGB tone curve is only available in LR4, and only if using the current process versin (PV2012).

M

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 5:37 AM   in reply to Brian b234

PV 2003; This is the original ACR / LR process engine. The number represents the year it was introduced. IMO now outdated technology. Can be used by all versions of LR.

PV 2010; Improved technology process engine. Introduced with ACR 6.x and LR 3. Can be used in LR 3 and 4.

PV 2012; Most recent process engine. Introduced with ACR 7.x and LR 4. Can be used with LR4. This allow LR4 to work with images processed by earlier versions.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 6:10 AM   in reply to Brian b234

Look in the camera calibration panel and it will tell you. Alternatively, if you're seeing the current set of sliders in the basic panel (e.g. highlights, shadows, etc.) then that would confirm you're using PV2012.

Go to tone curve, click on the little curves button at the bottom, and you'll be in point curve mode. Click on the RGB button to choose a colour channel.

As you're on the web, I recommend searching for "process version Lightroom" to find out more about that side of things.

M

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 6:29 AM   in reply to Brian b234

Glad I could help.

M

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)