Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to show clips on the (storyboard) Sceneline?

Mar 8, 2013 4:53 AM

Hello

When I go to 'New Project' (at the Welcome screen), then click 'Get Media' to open a movie (WMV) the software (Elements 9) shows my clip as follows (please see attachment 1). So I drag that to the Sceneline (attachment2) or the Timeline (attachment3). I think I am doing it right, aren't I?

However, I don't seem to be able to see a sequence of clips in the 'Tasks' area after pressing 'Get Media' - only that very first frame (attachment1). I have noticed that there is sometimes a little black arrow attached to the first clip that points to the right (black_arrow attachment) and when I click on that, then yes, I can see a sequence of clips. But, as with my attachment where I have marked it red, this black arrow doesn't always appear - I don't know why not, but I would like it to.

How do I ensure, please, that I can see a sequence of clips (and not just the first one) when I press 'Get Media'?

attachment1.jpgattachment2.jpgattachment3.jpgblack_arrow.jpg

Thanks!

Steve

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2013 5:30 AM   in reply to SteveH59

First, I'd very much recommend you NEVER use WMVs as your source footage. They'll work -- but almost always with some less-than-desirable results and sometimes buggy behavior. It's also why your video has that watermark (black line) running across the middle of it.

What model of camcorder did this original footage come from and how did you get it into your computer? You really should be using Premiere Elements' Get Media tools to capture or download your footage from your camcorder. The results will then be compatible with the program (assuming your camcorder produces standard consumer video, of course).

Seconde, in order to answer your question, we'll need to know which version of the program you're using. Each version of the program handles its media/project assets a little bit differently.

The "black arrow" you refer to in the second picture is the playback button. When you click it your video will play.

So I'm not quite sure what you're wanting to see. Have you toggled open the little video and audio tracks by clicking on the little triangles on the track headers, on the left side of the timeline?

Meantime, you may want to check out my free 8 part Basic Training tutorials for Premiere Elements 9 and 10. They may help you get up to speed with the program's basics.

http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchphrase=intro+to+premiere+element s&btn.x=-920&btn.y=-78

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2013 6:07 AM   in reply to SteveH59

You are in the Media panel under the Organize tab. This will only show you the most recent media files added to your project.

As I show you in my books and in my tutorials, you need to click on the Project button to see all of the media files that are in your project.

Have you worked through my free tutorials yet?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points