Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Capture and Editing multiple shots simultaneously

Mar 8, 2013 5:17 AM

Hello I know that I can capture multiple clips with BlackMagic DeckLink Quad. I can also edit multiple clips in Premiere with Multi-cam sequence. But is it possible, capture and cutting simultaneously?

Thanks

Replies
  • joe bloe premiere
    4,391 posts
    Dec 6, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2013 6:58 AM   in reply to CenekStrichel

But is it possible, capture and cutting simultaneously?

Thanks

Yes... on two different systems running two licensed copies of Premiere.

Otherwise, no.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 9, 2013 6:59 AM   in reply to joe bloe premiere

joe bloe premiere wrote:

But is it possible, capture and cutting simultaneously?

Yes... on two different systems running two licensed copies of Premiere.

Is that really true?

Most NLEs have issues with editing a file that isn't presented to them as closed, even if captured in a seperate instance of the same application.

EVS are hooked up with Adobe now to emulate their FCP workflow, whereby edit while capture is possible. (They also do this with Avid), but that isn't a cheap option, unless you have EVS servers knocking around ;-)

Gallery.co.uk have their PictureReady software, which would possibly work with CS6 (it presents a QT Ref file to the app that then 'fills in' as capture progresses).

ToolsOnAir offer some solutions in this regard, as do Telestream with Pipeline.

MOG also offered an edit while capture solution for Avid, that might work with CS6.

You'll likely be out there doing the alpha research of whatever you try out (other than the EVS stuff, which I'm sure has quite a bit of testing going on behind it - not sure it can replace all the EVS <--> FCP7 functionality yet though).

You'll also need some decent shared storage to be able to write and read simultaneously.

Having reread the question - the Blackmagic app should be able to do the capturing for you, rather than a seperate PPro instance, but I don't believe it will do the 'filling in' of a QT ref that would enable edit while capture. Still be good to be able to capture in the background and do 'stop/start' to close files so they can be edited with.

Also possible that you could use duplicated inputs on the BM Quad to do 'rolling edits' (i.e. so you don't miss anything when you break record).

Good luck if you try it...

PS found this too... <http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1219&p=33374&hil it=quad#p33374>

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points