• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent/chromeless doesn't work anymore

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a AIR Application I've developed which is chromeless and transparent, I've installed it on a dozen computers with various windows versions including Windows7 and works fine.

Now I've installed it on a new Windows7 computer and it works but is neither chromeless nor transparent. It's the exact same application.

Why is it completely ignoring the chromeless and transparent settings in the xml and what the hell do I have to do to get it work?

This is urgent.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and on another identical computer, same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall seeing this before.  Are there any differences between Win7 systems were it works and those two were it does not?  Is Aero mode enabled?  Other differences in the Visual Effects tab of the Performance Options dialog (accessible in System Properties Advanced tab)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've fixed it. It was my fault, though a fault in the way Adobe AIR applications are installed made me waste time trying to debug it.

Actually my original application was not exported as chromeless and transparent: I had modified the application.xml manually after install on the old machines. So far my fault.

So when I fresh-installed the app on the new machine, it was obviously not transparent. Then I noticed an application.xml in the application's folder, _outside_ the meta-inf folder. I thought that was the xml with the settings, so I replaced it with the manually modified one taken from the other machines and it had no effect.

It had no effect because that application.xml file is completely useless (so I wonder why on earth it is there). The one which really matters is within the meta-inf folder which I only discovered when it occurred to me to open that folder. Then I replaced it and it works.

I wonder why the AIR application installer scatters useless copies of the application.xml file all around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that you didn't make a duplicate of the application.xml in your flash builder project and have it installed as just another file in your application folder?  I only have the application.xml in my META-INF/AIR folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmmmmm that may be, I'll double check next time I have access to the machine where my project is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines