Skip navigation
tzelorev
Currently Being Moderated

Move to : Choose Folder

Mar 8, 2013 9:34 AM

Some how my set up changed and I am no longer able to" move to > choose folder " any where beside my desktop or user directory on local computer.  I can't move images to our shared network device unless i copy and paste. Can anyone tell me how this can be fixed to work as before?   Bridge Version 4.0.5.11

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Mar 8, 2013 10:04 AM   in reply to tzelorev

Some how my set up changed

Whenever Bridge starts behaving odd all of the sudden first thing to try is a reset of the preferences. Restart Bridge Holding down option (Mac) or control (Win) and from the provided menu choose reset preferences and try again.

I can't move images to our shared network device unless i copy and paste. Can anyone tell me how this can be fixed to work as before?   Bridge Version 4.0.5.11

Bridge is not designed for use over a network, some do succeed, others don't, its often very critical usage.

Don't know exactly what you mean with copy paste but in basic, all files that are being dropped on another disk as where the are resided in Bridge do copy to that new disk and leaving the original on its own disk.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2013 6:35 PM   in reply to tzelorev

Those permissions are in the OS, probably hard drive ownership.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2013 9:10 AM   in reply to Curt Y

I have the same exact problem > Bridge won't let me select "My computer" or specific attached drives, only recently used folders and "desktop" locations. I used to be able to select any location including hard drives, NAS... But not now. Nothing has changed in "MY" setup. I'm not sure what Adobe does with their "updates".

All I know is that I need the ability to "copy or move" to where ever I want. It's rudimentary.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Aug 5, 2013 12:19 PM   in reply to rogersphoto.com

All I know is that I need the ability to "copy or move" to where ever I want. It's rudimentary.

Only if you have the correct read and write permissions for the destination source. If you have no write permission you can't add content to that source.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2013 1:01 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

That's odd because I am "admin", have been using bridge since it came out, have not changed anything on my system and it was working fine before CC was released. Curious...

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Aug 5, 2013 1:44 PM   in reply to rogersphoto.com

have not changed anything on my system and it was working fine before CC was released. Curious...

Both Bridge and your system can act very weird when it comes to permissions, and NAS is also contributing to this weirdness, just check the permissions for the disk or folder

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points