Skip navigation
lazycarpenter
Currently Being Moderated

Font dialogue taking forever to load...

Mar 8, 2013 11:38 AM

Tags: #font #lag #slow #dialogue #.idml

Greetings,

I am working in ID CS6 and in any document I open it is taking forever to select the text inside a text box. I select my Text Selection Tool and click inside a Text Frame and then the program freezes up from about 30 seconds to over 1.5 minutes sometimes while the dialouge boxes load and the text is eventually editable. It then moves very slowly.

I have plenty of local storage for my scratch disks (60 GB), I have 4 GB of RAM in Windows 7 32-bit. No other software running and only the bare minumium fonts installed (Less than 100).

The only thing that works is when I export an .idml file and open it. Text selection works fine in the newly opend .idml document until I close and reopent the it.

This is where I am stumped. Is something being added on to the document after I open it?

All help is appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2013 11:42 AM   in reply to lazycarpenter

Are you working across a network? Any cross-references to other files?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2013 12:08 PM   in reply to lazycarpenter

Cross-references are something you have to create, so they aren't the culprit in this case.

THe article you linked is pretty comprehensive and hits all the points I would have you check, so if it isn't a network problem (and it might still be network related if you store links on a server even if the file itself is local), my next guess (that's right, wild guess, because Windows is decidedly not helpful in providing info that helps with diagnosis) would be maybe a font problem. See Troubleshoot font problems | Windows for Adobe's take on font troubleshooting.

I'd also suggest you creat a new user account and try that to see if there's a difference. If there is, then the problem is something about your user, not ID specifically.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points