Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

embedding video in Muse

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm working on my new website which I'm making in Adobe Muse. I'm about to publish it to my internet provider but facing one problem.

Could anybody tell me how I can embed video in Muse without opening another page or frame to play the video.

Fot the time being I published the design in catalyst: http://roodontwerp.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

As you will see, there is an image of birds which in fact is a video. If you will click on the image, the video will start playing in another frame and that's not hat I want. I want it to start immediately after opening the homepage but I can't find a way to get it this way.

Any help will be appreciated!

Regards, Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Although auto-playing video on the homepage of a website isn't the best practice but if you'd still like to do it, have a look at the HTML5 autoplay attribute of <video> tag that you can insert via Object -> Insert HTML option. Read more its usage here - http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_video_autoplay.asp

Thanks,

Vinayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although auto-playing video on the homepage of a website isn't the best practice but if you'd still like to do it, have a look at the HTML5 autoplay attribute of <video> tag that you can insert via Object -> Insert HTML option. Read more its usage here - http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_video_autoplay.asp

Thanks,

Vinayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your fast help Vinayak. Though, it does not exactly do what I'm hoping for yet. There appears a bar with a start button but it's not working. I don't want a bar in my lay-out. Is there another way to embed animation like animated gif or Edge Animate animations to avoid the issue I'm facing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not want the control bar in the video frame, simply remove the "controls" attribute in the embedding code. Test it out here.

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml5_video_autoplay

Regarding inserting Edge content, refer to the following article.

http://www.adobekb.com/inserting_edge_content.html

Thanks,
Vinayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally managed to display video in the frame I want it to appear; http://roodontwerp.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Except: the file is way too large to appear fast and keep the quality acceptable.

What I've done:

I changed the MPEG in Photoshop to an animated gif. The gif file has been imported in Edge Animate to make a '.oam' file which can be placed directly in Muse. The preview is shown immediately and the movie will be shown in the browser preview or after publishing to catalyst off course.

The question which I'm facing now is: how could I reduce the file size so the movie will be shown directly without losing that much quality?

Thanks, Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've made a small animation in keynote. - when i save to HTML - i can't figure out where i find the html code to insert into muse. i tried other formats - also without - success. any advice?

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use the Object -> Insert HTML option in Muse to insert your custom code.

Thanks,

Vinayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inserted the following HTML code that I gleaned from

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5087131  -

Can't Place Captivate 6 swf or html5 File into Muse v3.2.

The code is:

<object width="1024" height="768"

classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

codebase="http://www.learndurkin.com/assets/infographics-history.swf/ version=8,0,0,0">

<param name="SRC" value="assets/captivate6_file.swf">

<embed src="assets/captivate6_file.swf" width="1024" height="768"></embed>

</object>

I also uploaded the .swf file using the "Add File" function. When I publish, I get a blank white box with no video that plays. Any suggestions? Have I named the file incorrectly in the HTML code?

I feel like an idiot. I keep pounding this day after day with no solution. Hope I am writing in the correct forum.

Judy Durkin

Hsinchu, TAiwan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

judycanby - you are not an idiot. I, too, dearly wish I had an answer for this dilema: after trying every combination of suggestions found everywhere on the web, nothing seems to work. There is obviously some way to do this, yet Adobe has not yet deigned it's Muse users worthy of clear and concise instruction. Nor, does it appear, that the Adobe 'community' is forthcoming with any usable assistance here (though thanks to the above who did attempt it).

Muse is supposed to be the more 'user friendly' baby brother of Adobe's DreamWeaver website building application, but in this instance, it is clearly not. This type of issue isn't a huge problem for folks who wrangle code for a living, and thus are well familiar with HTML/HTML5, but Muse is supposed to have been designed for users whom are generally not those kinds of folks. I'm curious as to how long it will actually take the Muse team to even notice what a glaring error of omission they have made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same position. I tried the demo of adobe captivate and made a sample html file (which I presume would play nicely on IOS devices).  However I don't know how to insert the html 5 file into muse.  the swf code works perfectly but I can't do it with the html 5 unless someone writes a sample code snippet for me to copy and paste and then put my own file name in like in the example above with swf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a YouTube video, that was somewhat helpful, though (to me) a bit confusing still. I was not able to get a result by following exactly: the Adobe 'Publish' method threw me off completely, I think because I use another company to host my site. I know this will sound super newb to most people here, but I think I need to upload my video to my hosting server, and link it to that. However, I was able to get the HTML5 player to appear, which I guess is about half the battle. If anybody is able to achieve positive results, please report back here and share the knowledge. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's good. If you host on another site then instead of using the publish button you need to use a menu option in a drop down that says ftp and fill in the ftp settings first.  Near that ftp menu item is another one called add objects I think.  YOu need to add every single file you will need using that one and next time you hit the ftp button all the added files will go into your website too.  I think you can't add folders, only separate files, so then you have to open all the folders that contain all your things you need for the video to work and add them.  Hope that makes sense. I haven't got muse open right now.  I'm away for a few days but I can post screen caps when I get back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be awesome! I did actually follow through with all that, but probably did not follow protocol exactly, and thus no video. I only attempted this once, several weeks ago, and have not returned to this project since. Looking forward to reading your experience with this method!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will definitely try it because I want my video to work on ipads etc as well as on computer.  Is it actually true though that the swf file method won't work on ipads?  because the code for placing swf files is readily available on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very easy to follow video, but it's taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut. In Dreamweaver you can import a video directly from your computer, without the need to upload it first.

If you want to trial different videos on a page, you'd need to upload them all before making a final choice. When we place graphics or buttons, they don't have to be uploaded before we can use them in Muse.

I want to create html slides and slideshows, to include some video. At this stage I don't want to Publish or Upload to ftp, I just want todesign my project and test via the browser. or Preview.

Simple import HTML5 widget please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We've released a simple new Muse Widget over at MuseThemes.com that achieves this. Simply drag the widget out onto your page, and link up your videos using the widgets flyout panel. This widget uses Video.js, which is a popular open source HTML5 video player. The widget is compatible on mobile devices.

Check out the widget here

WidgetPreview.png

We also have two other video widgets, one for fullscreen backgrounds and another for "full width" videos.

Cheers!
Steve Harris

MuseThemes.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just need the code, I am not spending $69 a year for a simple personal website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing a problem in that I can place a YouTube video in Muse, and in Preview mode, it plays fine. Exporting the site and viewing in a browser is fine, too. But when I export the site as HTML files, the file shows a gray error box in Chrome, and altogether disappears in Safari. How can I fix this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please refer to the following link https://forums.adobe.com/message/5567897#5567897

Regards,

Aish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines