Skip navigation
lightscapes
Currently Being Moderated

importing photos; viewing photos

Mar 8, 2013 3:03 PM

Q #1 I need to bring some photos into the catalogue to edit. I have chosen several from all different files in Windows "My Pictures," put them into a folder and tried to import. But the catalogue exempts them becasue they are already in folders in the catalogue. I don't want to go looking for all these photos in different files from different years. Can I get the catalogue to import them in my new file folder?

Question #2 Is there a way to zoom in on a picture in the catalogue to see whether it is sharp or blurry? If not - I have to open every single picture in the editor just to zoom in and see if I want that photo.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2013 4:51 PM   in reply to lightscapes

Q1: If you just want to edit the photos, why don't you just open them using the editor? The catalog serves no purpose in this task, unless there are other reasons that you haven't mentioned. But with regards to your problem that the catalog won't import the photos, it seems like you aren't making good use of the tools in the catalog, which should make finding files faster and easier, not more difficult. You could assign these photos a keyword, or add them to an album, so you can call them all up when you need them.

Q2: Zoom via F11

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 11:41 PM   in reply to lightscapes

lightscapes wrote:

Question #2 Is there a way to zoom in on a picture in the catalogue to see whether it is sharp or blurry? If not - I have to open every single picture in the editor just to zoom in and see if I want that photo.

When you are in the Organizer, you go to the full screen view (shortcut F11).

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2013 7:40 AM   in reply to lightscapes

Until you are ready to actually use the Organizer to organize, I would say: don't use it! If you're not using it to organize, then it becomes a hindrance and extra work.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points