Skip navigation
DianeLouise
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Application Manager: Creative Cloud update error

Mar 8, 2013 4:52 PM

Tags: #creative_cloud #adobe_application_manager #download_error

How can I fix Adobe Application Manager showing a download error when I try to update Creative Cloud products from within the individual products themselves or from the website? The Adobe Application Manager no longer shows what products I have installed, because the error shows up before it can list them.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 9, 2013 11:24 AM   in reply to DianeLouise

What specific error are you receiving?  Which operating system are you using?  Are you on a managed network?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 9:20 AM   in reply to DianeLouise

Diane this error indicates that your update ref state is invalid.  This could indicate that there may be a failure of the disk permissions.  I would recommend reviewing the installation log for the updates you are trying to apply.  They should provide additional details to help you locate the root cause of your difficulties applying updates.  You can find details on how to locate and interpret your installation logs at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5 -cs5.html.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 8:36 AM   in reply to DianeLouise

Diane to confirm you are receiving a download error on one one computer and U44M1I216 errors when trying to apply updates on a different computer? 

Also you mentioned you are using Windows 32-bit.  Can you provide some more details which version of Windows are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 8:27 AM   in reply to DianeLouise

I see Diane.  If the installation logs are not being updated then it will be very difficult to diagnose the cause of your installation difficulties.  I would recommend contacting our support team and working with them directly.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 8:43 AM   in reply to DianeLouise

Thanks Diane.  Do you have a case number from your interaction with your support team?  I would be interested to review the interaction.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 5:12 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hi Jeff,

I will watch this with interest as very similar to my problems, I am In NZ which is I best course of action for support from here. (Also on thread  http://forums.adobe.com/message/5183530#5183530)

Malcolm

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 8:39 AM   in reply to DianeLouise

Diane I would recommend that you continue working with our support team so they can continue to analyze your log files.  If you can post your case number I would be happy to take a look at the steps which have been performed.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 11:08 PM   in reply to DianeLouise

Try Deleting AAMupdater folder

Win XP: <user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0

Vista/Win7: <%localappdata%>\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/update-error-u44m1i216.html

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 1:57 AM   in reply to DianeLouise

Hi Diane,

Glad to hear you are having sucess, what is the Adobe update site that you used?

I assume this would not give you the updates that are exclusive to creative cloud members.

I wish they would hurry up and fix the problem so we dont have all this mucking about.

Malcolm

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 5:30 PM   in reply to DianeLouise

Hi Diane, Jeff and Ashutosh,

I just tried Ashutosh's idea but same result same download error.

Diane, was there any indication when this problem will be resolved from the support line?

Malcolm

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 9:13 PM   in reply to DianeLouise

I am having the same issue as well. I am trying to update my windows 32 bit Captivate but it woon't let me because its say the Application Manager is damaged or removed and I should download a new version. I have downloaded the new one 7.0 several times and it still won't let me update. Any suggestions?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 11:59 AM   in reply to DianeLouise

What do I download from that page? I don't see application manager?

Sent from my iPad

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 12:52 PM   in reply to DianeLouise

Diane, I apologise for the inconvenince but could you please navigate to the below location and move the OPM.db file to desktop and then check.

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 8:34 PM   in reply to DianeLouise

Hi Diane,

This is very frustrating thing, as we are unable to gain access to the full range of services our membership offers then we should get a discount.

I haven’t had the gumption to speak to a tech as this usually ends up very frustrating as well especially with many of their accents, I suppose I should put an hour or two aside to speak to them.

Malcolm

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 9:09 PM   in reply to DianeLouise

Thanks Diane, so currently you are able to open up the Adobe Application Manager as you were getting the Download error.

Could you please provide the Update log for the analysis.

You could find the log in below location :-

C:\Program files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

The log filename includes the product name and install date, followed by ".log.gz." The extension .gz indicates a compressed format. Please place the log file on pastebin.com and share the link for analysis.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2013 11:06 AM   in reply to DianeLouise

Excellent , thanks Diane for the update.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 7:01 AM   in reply to DianeLouise

What's frustrating to me is that we had this problem as well. AAM wouldn't run the updates. I found the solution more than two months ago after much searching. It all came down to you needed to get rid of the old version of AAM with the "Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool" (you can't just uninstall it) and then install the new AAM.

It worked perfectly for the two of us that were ready to do it. Now, I have four others that need to do it and I can't find the posting that explained it...I just find postings like this that go on for days and weeks and never really get to a solution.

I have all the files I need, but when you run cleaner, it takes you through DOS prompts that ask you what you want to do, but they aren't real clear, and the disclaimer makes you a little lot paranoid. Kind of like, if you don't make 7 back up copies of everything on your computer, and the wind is out of the East, and the day ends in a 'y', YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING ON YOUR COMPUTER AND EVERY COMPUTER YOU TOUCH FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS...okay, maybe that's an exaggeration; but the point is, there is a solution, I just need to be sure of the prompts when running the cleaner.

Good Luck to All,

David Whipple

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 8:44 PM   in reply to WhipDR

Hi DrWhip,

I did all that and still had no success. I am just waiting for about 4 hours of spare time to take the plunge and talk to customer support..

Malcolm

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 12:34 PM   in reply to DianeLouise

...just FYI...nothing I did on Windows would allow me to delete the AAMUpdater folder...but just launching the Task Manager and stopping Creative Cloud.exe...then relaunching Creative Cloud did the trick.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2014 5:47 AM   in reply to DianeLouise

To resolve the any update issue with cretive cloud applicaitons , perform the steps mentioned below

• Windows OS

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe  ........... remove AAMUpdaterInventory and AAMUpdater file (if available )

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe    .... remove  AAMUpdater file

• Mac OS X

Application "Roaming Data Folder"

/Users/[User Name]/Library/Applicaiton Support /Adobe.....  remove AAMUpdater file

Application "local cached data folder"

/Users/[User Name]/Library/Applicaiton Support /Adobe  

........... remove AAMUpdaterInventory and AAMUpdater file (if available )

• Un install Adobe Creative Cloud

Windows 

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features  ...... Uninstall adobe creative cloud

MAC

Applicaiton  > Adobe Creative Cloud > uninstall Adobe creative cloud

• Install creative cloud again from Creative.adobe.com

https://creative.adobe.com/

Sign in to creative cloud  , update issue will be resolved

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2014 8:16 PM   in reply to khushboo lakhera

Maybe this worked. After the install, it no longer says there is an update. Maybe that is better than a failure to update.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2014 2:02 PM   in reply to KenM115VA

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers