Skip navigation
daveteauk2
Currently Being Moderated

Where is the privacy setting for the trial version of cs6 photoshop. I would like to turn it off.

Mar 9, 2013 6:45 AM

Where is the privacy setting for the trial version of cs6 photoshop. I would like to turn it off. The answers given by 'Staff' are incorrect - it is NOT locared within Help/Adobe Product Improvement Program! I use W7 64bit.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 9, 2013 10:18 AM   in reply to daveteauk2

Which privacy setting are you referring for Photoshop CS6 ?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2013 12:40 PM   in reply to daveteauk2

Again, what privacy setting?

The only thing that might have any privacy would be the Product Improvement Program - and that shouldn't even be available on a trial.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2013 3:08 PM   in reply to daveteauk2

You are going to have to tell us a lot more about what you're are talking about and trying to do.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2013 3:44 PM   in reply to daveteauk2

daveteauk2 wrote:

Well it is! If you can't think of anything more relevant, don't bother replying!

Uh, let's see...Chris Cox is an Adobe engineer that writes code for Photoshop and you are, what, using the trial for Photoshop? If Chris is telling you something you would be wise to listen.

As far as I know, there is no "privacy setting" in the actual Photoshop application...so where are you trying to access or change these privacy settings?

Adobe has a Privacy Policy here...but it's not directly related to Photoshop per se.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,971 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Mar 10, 2013 7:06 AM   in reply to daveteauk2

Are you one with an attitude.  Chris wrote the the programs was not available for trial users.  He may well be right for he works for Adobe as a Photoshop programmer.  Have you even looked at Photoshop CS6 help to see if the program is there.

ap.jpg

You did and you did not find it there so why do you not believe what Chris wrote is correct.  Why would Adobe want feedback from trial users most of which don't know how to use Photoshop.  Adobe does not seem to use feedback well even from knowable users just look are Photoshop.com feedback.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2013 9:32 AM   in reply to JJMack

Deleted a message in order to prevent an argument - conroy.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2013 10:19 AM   in reply to daveteauk2

daveteauk2 wrote:

Where is the privacy setting for the trial version of cs6 photoshop. I would like to turn it off. The answers given by 'Staff' are incorrect - it is NOT locared within Help/Adobe Product Improvement Program! I use W7 64bit.

You are correct.

The privacy settings will be those of the "trial experience" and that has nothing to do with the APIP.

Maybe this image will help:

license_software.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,971 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Mar 10, 2013 10:36 AM   in reply to conroy

Conroy perhaps you can tell him how to get to get that display the OP's second append stated he was given that information but he does not get that screen displayed. It does not exists he states.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2013 10:39 AM   in reply to JJMack

I would've told Dave how to get to that screen if I knew how. The image is from http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/convert-cs6-licensed-under-cc m.html

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,971 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Mar 10, 2013 10:48 AM   in reply to conroy

OK That seems to be the problem then. I have never run with a trial install for you can not install it as a standard Photoshop install it always installs with the extended features enabled and there is not way to turn them off.

Perhaps it only shows once during the installation never to be seen again.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2013 8:59 PM   in reply to daveteauk2

Maybe this page is where that link in the screenshot conroy posted leads to?

(i don't have a trial version installed)

http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html

Or log into your adobe account and look under My preferences

Untitled-2.png

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Mar 10, 2013 9:03 PM   in reply to JJMack

That's the screen you see if you are running the software as a trial, after having logged-in with one's Adobe ID.

Click on the Privacy Settings link identified by conroy above and you see this screen:

PrivacySettingsScreen.PNG

Having VMs to test with is handy.  You can have your Photoshop licensed and trial it too.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points