Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Auto paint or attach brush to line?

Mar 9, 2013 10:16 AM

Tags: #photoshop #cs5 #auto #draw #actions #paint #paint_layers

Hello, I have a couple of lines I've drawn on a image map that I am working on. The lines are perfectly straight but of course my hands lost being that study years ago so I can't paint a straight line with the brushes on top of the drawn line to keep it straight.  Is there any auto way to make a line turn into a paint brush style line or action, effect or script that will help me accomplish this task? 

Maybe the best way to work it is to get a paint brush to follow a preset path.  I know how to set paths in other software and make an png or obj follow that path but still trying to learn that in adobe. 

Thanks
Kimberly

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 9, 2013 10:42 AM   in reply to Kimblh

To paint a straight line using a brush-based tool, target a pixel layer (or mask or channel) then click at start location of line then Shift-click at end location.

To stroke a Path with a brush-based tool, target a pixel layer to receive the stroke then either:

- use the Path Selection Tool to right-click on the path and pick "Stroke Path..." from the context menu to get stroke options dialog, or

- select required Path in Paths panel and click the "Stroke path" button at bottom of panel to stroke with previous stroke options. Opt/Alt-click the button for stroke options dialog.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 9, 2013 11:12 AM   in reply to Kimblh

Stroking a selection marquee and stroking a Path are different operations with different options, but as long as you have one pixel layer targeted then you should be able to set options and stroke onto it. Do you definitely have one pixel layer targeted?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points