Skip navigation
Lammergeier21
Currently Being Moderated

Missing files -- how to reconnect

Mar 9, 2013 5:32 PM

I thought I was copying a picture from my Elements 10 catalogue into a slideshow I was creating under "My Pictures".  I now want to add text to it.  I opened organizer, found the photo, opened full photo edit and got the message that the file was missing.  I browsed for it, found it quickly in the my pictures slideshow file, clickec and got a message asking if I wanted to reconnect it.  I clicked yes and got the message that it was in the catalogue.  Even more disturbing, I got a message that all files were disconnected.  I have no idea what I've done or how to deal with it.  Neither the Missing Manual nor Kelby even have the words reconnect or disconnect in the index.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2013 11:00 PM   in reply to Lammergeier21

Please check if the files you used to create slideshow with, are present in your catalog?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 7:09 AM   in reply to Lammergeier21

Any updates?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 11:05 PM   in reply to Lammergeier21

Scenario - Please select a file >> Alt+Enter >> See the location of this file as shown in the Information panel. This location is what Organizer catalog looks for when attempting to display the selected file. If the file is not present at this location, it will call it "missing".

Reconnect workflow will help you update Organizer catalog about the changed location of your files. Were you able to reconnect them?

If not, please share a screenshot of the scenario I mentioned above.

Where are these files present on your hard disk? external hard disk? network location?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2013 7:04 AM   in reply to Lammergeier21

Please follow blog: http://tinyurl.com/aswpylz

Let me know if you have any queries.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:

More Like This