Skip navigation
biglooping
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 11 is very unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits

Mar 10, 2013 4:57 AM

Tags: #video #crash #11 #failure #problems #premiere_elements

Hi to all,

This the first application that is so unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits system.

The main trouble is that I didn't manage to see in the main player a single text, photo or movie.

I have a dark aera and only if I press the pause button I get a picture of the movie.

Other wise it's only a dark movie.

Can someone help me  for this trouble ?

I give my config in pictures

I want also to describe below that the application is really unstable:

===============================================

To crash the application, I just have to do theses steps:

1) Howto crash 1

Open the application

Select edit mode

Select new project

Add a movie file (can be played under organiser withot trouble)

Double clic the new media, it opens in a small window (a player) 

Now if you resize this player window, it will crash the application.

2) Howto crash 2

Open the application

Select edit mode

Select new project

Select Add a Text or Title

Now when you press the play button from the Text in order to see animation, it will crash the application

Thanks for your comments

Biglooping

trouble.jpg

TuneUp System Information-000089.jpg

TuneUp System Information-000090.jpg

Catalyst Control Center-000096.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2013 5:51 AM   in reply to biglooping

True, Windows 8 is not quite finished, as an operating system. That will happen, hopefully, when SP1 is released.

You also don't mention what model of camcorder your video is coming from, what format and resolution it is and  if you use Premiere Elements' Add Media tools to get the video from the camcorder to your computer -- but that too can make a difference.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2013 8:42 AM   in reply to biglooping

Also, go to the amd/ati web site and see if there is a driver update for your graphic adapter

It is VERY common to have driver updates, sometimes several times, for a new version of Windows

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2013 9:03 AM   in reply to biglooping

I feel biglooping's helpless pain.

Two days ago a Samsung senior executive suggested Windows 8 "is not succesful" and "no better than Vista".  

Here is one of the several articles:  http://www.pcworld.com/article/2030332/as-pc-sales-stall-samsung-exec- has-harsh-words-for-windows-8.html

I feel sorry for Microsoft.  They seem to get focused on duplicating the tricks invented by the competition and forget to focus on what their loyal customers want. 

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 10:46 AM   in reply to biglooping

biglooping wrote:

The Windows 8 is a good OS.  I have for the moment really few troubles with this OS.

That may be, but according to the business press in the USA, Win 8 is rapidly turning into a marketing bust.  It will be interesting to watch Microsoft try to make lemonade from their apparent lemon.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 12:52 PM   in reply to biglooping

I apologize for not being better at writing.  I mean to be friendly.  Perhaps I can do better.

Following here on this user group I sense that most are reluctant to try anything new that they don't have to.  In the USA we have a favorite saying leftover from our Hollywood westerns that says, "The pioneers are the ones with the arrows in their backs!"

So, as a group of users (not Adobe employees), this is one place that there will be few with computers new enough to have included Windows 8 and consider any OS simply as a pipline to what maters to them -- graphics software.

I really am sorry for your frustration, but I'm not sure anyone here can try to help you without going out for a new computer.  I sincerely hope that Adobe or Microsoft can find the conflict for you. 

As a last thought, is there a way to temporarily disable the graphics card and see if the built in to the chip Intel graphics works any better?

Good luck to you!

Best...

Bill Sprague

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 6:09 PM   in reply to whsprague

Hi

I'm also on Windows 8 and for the past few days my 1/2 hour project has become increasing unstable.  Should I have the IT department install Windows 7 on my computer?  If so, will I lose all my work?  I'm really having probles.

thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2013 12:03 PM   in reply to biglooping

In that second error message, the Faulting Module is with your AMD/ATI Catalyst video driver,

Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atio6axx.dll

It appears that in the first error message, AMD is mentioned, but I cannot tell if that is for your AMD CPU, or for the AMD/ATI video driver.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points