Skip navigation
rachalmers
Currently Being Moderated

Why does Android keep asking me to install AIR runtime...

Mar 10, 2013 7:20 AM

Why does the emulator keep asking me to install AIR Runtime - then won't install it?

thanks

Robert

Replies
  • kglad
    72,250 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Mar 10, 2013 10:08 AM   in reply to rachalmers

if you're using adb, execute adb and have it add the Air runtime to your emulator (eg, emulator-xyzw):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb -s emulator-xyzw install F:\Downloads\AdobeAir\AdobeAIRSDK\runtimes\air\android\emulator\Runti me.apk

Your command will be different.  However, it will not be much, if any, shorter unless you add adb to your system path.  then if you navigate to the directory where you extracted the Adobe Air SDK (AdobeAIRSDK\runtimes\air\android\emulator\Runtime.apk), you can use:

adb -s emulator-xyzw install Runtime.apk

if you're using adt, you will use something like:

F:Downloads\AdobeAir\AdobeAIRSDK\bin\adt -installRuntime -platform android -device emulator-xyzw -package F:Downloads\AdobeAir\AdobeAIRSDK\runtimes\air\android\emulator\Runtim e.apk

if you add adt to your system path and if you navigate to the directory where you extracted the Adobe Air SDK (AdobeAIRSDK\runtimes\air\android\emulator\Runtime.apk), you can use:

adt -installRuntime -platform android -device emulator-xyzw -package Runtime.apk

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,250 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Mar 11, 2013 7:38 AM   in reply to rachalmers

if you don't create new emulator's you should not have to repeatedly add the player.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points