Skip navigation
GyroplaneFan15
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot burn DVD in Premier Elements 10 longer than 1 hour in Length

Mar 10, 2013 10:31 AM

I cannot figure out why I have to limit my DVD projects to no more than 1 hour in PE 10.  As long as I keep the timeline to 1 hour or less, the DVD burns just fine.  If I try a project over 1 hour - 1 hour, 10 minutes for example - it compiles everything, starts to burn (from all appearances), suddenly says burning is complete, and I have a blank disc.  If I try to burn the same file into either a 4.7 or 8.5 GB folder, the same thing happens, and the folders I want the file to burn to is blank.  I have a 64 bit system, 6GB RAM, and plenty of hard drive space.  I've tried setting the burn to "fit into available space" and also selecting most video( therefore lowest quality), and still, if it's over 1 hour, it will not burn.  Any thought?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2013 2:21 PM   in reply to GyroplaneFan15

Did you ensure that the Fit Contents to Avaiable Space option was checked on the DVD burn screen?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it? Did you use Premiere Elements to get the video from the camcorder to your computer?

What project settings are you using? (You can see but not change them under Edit/Project Settings)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to GyroplaneFan15

Sorry. I have no idea what would cause that.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 7:59 AM   in reply to GyroplaneFan15

Can you post a screenshot of your timeline. Press the "\" key first to shrink the timeline so it all fits horizontally and increase the height so that all the tracks are showing vertically.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2013 10:06 PM   in reply to nealeh

I have the exact issue on Premier Elements 10. I have Premier Elements 7 loaded on the same machine and can write to DVDs fine with that version. With version 10, it will not write to DVD or to a folder regardless of the size of the video. I still do not have this resolved.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 6:11 AM   in reply to mfrayer1

mfrayer1

Perhaps it would have been better if you started your own new thread on the specifics of your situation.

But lots of questions.

1. On what computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 7 and 10?

2. When you say for version 10 "will not write to DVD or to a folder", where are you blocked...

a. burner is not recognized in burn dialog

b. transcoding errors

c. device errors

d. disc not recognized

e. goes to 99% and then nothing

f.  other

In the case of burn to folder, everything above except a, c, and d

Do you have Nero or any other burn software installed on this computer? And, the old question "Is your computer optimized?"  I ask this in spite of the fact that you do state that Premiere Elements 7 burn to DVD is working on the same computer. What are we looking at in terms of computer resources?

Have you reviewed the Adobe document on burn to disc troubleshooting?

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points