Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot get song onto timeline with clips on it???

Mar 10, 2013 9:13 AM

Here is my problem,

I have a Video Clip that has Audio attached to it. I put them on the timeline. So there is Video on V1 and Audio on A2.

I then have a song I want to use that starts after the clip ends.

I imported my song double clicked it to get into the Source Monitor. I set my In and Out Points on the song. I try to add it to the timeline and it won't add.

Why?

I also noticed that when I put my song into the browser, the V1 and A1 buttons all the way to the left on the timeline go away. I need those to tell Premiere where I want to put my music.

How can I get my song on Audio Track 1  right after the Video and Audio clip ends?

Thanks in Advance

Power Mac Intel Xeon

10GB RAM

Premiere Pro 5.5

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2013 10:36 AM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

You don't specify what method you're using to add the clip, nor what specifically happens when you try, but the simplest is probably just to drag the clip down to the sequence.  If it won't place on the track you want, drag it below the available tracks and a new one will be created for the clip.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2013 4:12 PM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

I tried dragging it onto the timeline, but all I can see is the playhead on the timeline move to right

That's somewhat contradictory.  The playhead won't move when you drag clips down, only when you Insert or Overlay.  So if you saw the playhead move, that tells me you haven't dragged the clip down with the mouse.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 2:01 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Try adding an additional stereo track to your sequence and trying again.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 6:37 PM   in reply to Richard M Knight

That happens automatically when you drag the clip to an empty space below the current tracks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points