Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

When opening a Photoshop file with Bridge, how can I control which version of Photoshop the file wil

Mar 10, 2013 12:25 PM

When opening a Photoshop file fthrough Bridge, how can I control which version of Photoshop the file will open in?

I store my PSD files adjacent to the original RAW file from which it was derived.

If I open the file folder and double click on that PSD file, it opens in CS6. But,if I use Bridge (CS6) to navigate to and open the same file, it first opens Photoshop CS5 and then opens that PSD file in CS5.

How can I control which Photoshop will open a file I select when opening it through Bridge?.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2013 12:37 PM   in reply to grprt

Bridge: Preferences > File Type Associations

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2013 12:49 PM   in reply to grprt

It should give you all the file types and the default program to open it.  You see no files there?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2013 1:15 PM   in reply to grprt

Interesting, but it doesn't give a clue what I'm supposed to do. No Photoshop ducuments listed.

Look at the PSD file on the location Curt provided and search for Photoshop Document. Next to it ideally should show Adobe Photoshop CS6 if you have Bridge CS6 open. Click on it to provide the fly out menu and choose the correct Photoshop from the list.

But probably something went wrong with your install. By default Bridge chooses the latest version of PS to open its file in.

Maybe a reset of the preferences might also help you. Can you provide more details about OS version etc.

And do you have a good reason for keeping your Raw and finished files in the same location. Personally I keep them apart and use a proper file name convention (yyyymmdd and details) so I can easily search for the DNG files in my archive if I needed them but I don't make mistakes in opening the wrong one

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points