Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Weird disappearing audio...help?

Mar 10, 2013 3:00 PM

I'm working on a vampire short film and while each of my projects that have individual scenes that only stretch out to about 4-5 minutes each, when I render the clips into my timeline to edit them ALL BUT TWO clips have their audio and this has been happening to each project I open and even when I re-enter the same footage to the timeline on the same project or individual project the video is there but there is not audio. The said clips with no audio work perfectly when I play them in a media player and such, could someone help me find away to fix this audio problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2013 4:21 PM   in reply to GORY Pumpkin

Open your clip in GSpot or MediaInfo and post a screenshot. That will tell us the audio codec details of those clips.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 7:49 AM   in reply to GORY Pumpkin

I think that's an MPEG4 file in an AVI wrapper. PRE (and PrPro) used to have problems with that and I don't know if they have been resolved in the more recent versions.

Try renaming the file extension to .mp4 before importing to PRE and see if that makes any difference. Otherwise you might want to try the solution suggested on the PrPro forum here.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2013 8:16 AM   in reply to GORY Pumpkin

For the folder structure, you will want to create a New Folder (named so that you can find it easily), then Copy the Extracted converter, plus your newly created BAT file into that folder, along with your media files - everything in one folder. Personally, I always work with Copies of media files, when doing almost anything, so that the originals are never touched. With the media files, the Extracted converter and your BAT, all in one folder, just dbl-click on the BAT. Everything should just process.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points