Skip navigation
c schatzman
Currently Being Moderated

Need help adjusting colors in  Photoshop (CS2)

Mar 10, 2013 7:34 PM

I'm not a neither a novice nor a pro when it comes to Photoshop. (Just somewhere in-between) . . . So don't understand why  I''m suddenly having problems with colors in my photos looking accurate  on my canera, but almsot  completely red and yellow in Photoshop. Initially though the camera was at fault, until I switched cameras  and still had the same problem, so figured itmust be  Photoshop.

Since  Photoshop CS2 has all the features I need,  I've never bothered to upgrade. . . which turned out to be a problem when I tried to follow the instructions for creating  new adjustment layers. (Was OK until I reached the last step, when  my menus were different than  those in the guide.) Have spent  most of the last 2 days trying to manipulate all the options  under the Image Adjustment menu, but am running our of patience and luck.

The problem seems to have been increasing in recent  weeks (or months), but this is the first time I've been absolutely stumped and unable to  come up with a usable solution.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2013 7:38 PM   in reply to c schatzman

What OS?  What type of image?  How do the look in Bridge?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 1:19 AM   in reply to c schatzman

Could you please post a screenshot to illustrate the issue?

which turned out to be a problem when I tried to follow the instructions for creating  new adjustment layers.

The Adjustments and Appearance Panels are younger than CS2, but is the CS2 Help not on the original medium?

Someone recently posted this link, maybe it applies here.

http://www.gballard.net/psd/colorlooksbad.html

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 7:25 AM   in reply to c schatzman

There are a number of websites that have monitor color calibration charts for free.  While not as precise as a hardware puck system it would tell you if you have a problem.  Here is one http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ for LCD monitor.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points