Skip navigation
Juliansdad
Currently Being Moderated

How Do You Change Preset Crop Ratios from Portrait to Landscape?

Mar 10, 2013 7:49 PM

Tags: #crop #box #ratios

I have a 5"  x 7" (landscape style) image that I want to crop in Elements 9.  I'm using the Guided mode on the Edit tab of the program.  

When I use the pulldown menu and I see the 5 x 7 crop box size that I want to use, I click it.  But the crop window that appears, is 7 x 5 (portrait mode) rather than 5 x 7 landscape mode.  I can work around this by changing my crop box size selection on the pulldown menu to No Restriction, but I'm then just guessing that I'll get precisely the 5 x 7 ratio that I want. 

How can I change the crop box from portrait style to landscape style so that I can crop my image 5 x 7 rather than 7 x 5?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2013 5:10 AM   in reply to Juliansdad

This would probably be a better question for the Photoshop Elements forum rather than the Premier Elements forum.

But in order to crop your image, as I show you in my books, you should change its settings under Image Size/Canvas Size.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2013 8:15 AM   in reply to Juliansdad

I agree that this is most likely a Photoshop Elements question, and does not pertain to video, but to still images.

I'll be glad to Move this thread to the Photoshop Elements Forum, if you are talking about Cropping a Still Image. Just send me a PM, and I will Move it for you. Just click on my Profile, and in the upper-right choose Send Private Message.

If Moved, all of your links and any e-mail subscriptions will follow it perfectly.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2013 8:29 AM   in reply to Juliansdad

Look at the top in the toolbar, there are 2 little arrows between the boxes where it shows H: / W: . Clicking on the arrows will change the orientation from portrait to landscape.

Capture.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2013 2:04 PM   in reply to Juliansdad

[Moved to Photoshop Elements Forum.]

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)