Skip navigation
bedford_ch
Currently Being Moderated

CS6: Missing features or...competence

Mar 11, 2013 5:33 AM

Tags: #text_search #url_copy

Hi,

I'm looking for missing features or maybe I don't know where the are, in this case my competences are in cause.

I use DW CS6 and I'm quite sure some of those features were existing in old versions. I come back to DW after some years on other programs so I missed most of the upgrades.

- Text search.

When I click on a directory in the file explorer pan,  then CTRL+F (Search shortcut on Windows), it always make a search on the last search type I did (for example active file or other). Why it doesn't take actually the "selected files" ? Same when I click on active file and make a search, it takes the last choice, not the "active file". If I click on search and I'm on a file, then I would expect to search in the active file, if I click on the file browser pan, I would expect to make a search on the selected file or directory, but it doesnt !!!

- URL copy

How can I copy the full filepath of the selected (active) file ? I manage my changelog on a text file, sometimes I do copy manually files between directories and on a complex site, there is no way to change the select the file's path.

This would be also very interesting in the file browser pan.

I'm not very advanced on DW, as said it's a lot of time I didn't use it (since MX if I remember well) but this simple missing feature make a pain to use this version (As far as I remember, they were existing on MX).

Maybe they are existing on CS6 and couldn't find them, so please help me as it's where I loose a lot of time using this program...

Thanks for your help.

BB

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points