Skip navigation
bjoernhenriksson
Currently Being Moderated

Text from Type Tool unfoced, pixelated, bad quality

Mar 11, 2013 4:43 AM

Tags: #typography #text #pixelated #tool #type #bad #quality_loss #bad_quality #unfocused

Hello guys!

I have a creative cloud membership and I've been using Photoshop cs6 for a while now.

But recently I got this weird "error" regarding bad quality text in photoshop.

I have done everything in my power in trying to correct this, but nothing works. I have checked all anti-alising stuff, reinstalled/updated my graphic drivers, restored Photoshop and so on. Nothing works.

The weird part is that the text is only bad whilst in photoshop, not as a saved file(jpeg for example).

I'm posting two pictures, one a direct screenshot from how bad the text looks in photoshop and one with crisp quality as a saved picture.

screenshot.jpg

The one above is the screenshot.

real.jpg

does anyone know how to fix this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2013 4:52 AM   in reply to bjoernhenriksson

What OS, hardware, etc. are you using?

Was the screenshot taken an View > 100%?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2013 5:09 AM   in reply to bjoernhenriksson

Wild guess, but does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Mar 11, 2013 5:54 AM   in reply to bjoernhenriksson

What font is that?

I tried to reproduce what you're seeing and I found my Segoe UI Light was a close match, but not exact.  Some glyphs are different and the spacing is different.  Do you see the same thing with other fonts?  What happens if you reset your Character tool?

If Segoe UI Light is what you're using, then somehow you have a slightly different font than I do - and I have an updated Windows 7 x64 system.

FYI, with GPU on I seem to be getting a perfect match between what's shown on the screen and the high quality of what's saved.  Mine is on the top, your two are on the bottom:

ScreenGrab_03_11_2013_085032.png

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Mar 11, 2013 1:51 PM   in reply to bjoernhenriksson

Thank you, Björn.

It might help others here if you'd describe what setting it was that you found in your display driver that helped with the font rendering.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points