Skip navigation
Kyoko3000
Currently Being Moderated

Help?

Mar 11, 2013 11:53 AM

Tags: #cs4 #html #dreamweaver #livepreviewnotworking #ineedhelp

Error Live Preview..JPG

Program - Dreamweaver Cs4 :

Here's a little something I'm working with. Just Editing some Html that somebody else made (you'll see that on the link they've provided the code on pastebin). Anyway, I'm just wondering why I am unable to see the live preview? It comes out like what you see on the image and its hard for me to figure out where to go with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2013 12:05 PM   in reply to Kyoko3000

There is no Design view (or Live view) of this 'code'. The HTML is embedded in some other markup, which is interfering with its proper rendering as an HTML page.

What is it you want to do?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 12:08 PM   in reply to Kyoko3000

This looks like the kind of code that has server-side scripting inserting stuff into yoru website.

If you have server-side code doing that, Dreamweaver won't give you a live preview unless you have a testing server (that works) defined and have the code "hosted" by that testing server.

It's not really easy for us to figure out what is going on here from a screen shot. A hosted website will give us an idea of what your difficulties are.

As always, double-check your code to see if it's compliant with generally-accepted standards.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 12:10 PM   in reply to mhollis55

And in the future, please do NOT use a subject line like "Help". Can you imagine how many thousands of posts there are like that already? Try to be more descriptive, please.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 12:14 PM   in reply to MurraySummers

Murray, can you help me with the title of my post? 

(not serious)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 12:20 PM   in reply to mhollis55

Sure - my invoice should be there soon!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status