• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems Logging In to App Manager

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just joined the Creative Cloud, but when I try to log into the App Manager on my desktop to download the programs, I get an error message saying that I'm not connected to the Internet. I've tried allowing access through my firewall, I've rebooted my computer twice, I've even tried downloading the trial of the program and I get the same error message each time. I'm obviously connected to the Internet, or else I'd not be posting here. What's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are likely running to difficulties with your network configuration.  If you are on a managed network please contact your I.T. department.  If you are on a self managed network then please see Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the things in the FAQ and there is no difference. It still says that I'm not connected to the Internet.

I downloaded a trial version of the program because I read in the Adobe forums that if you log in through the trial, it will recognize your Cloud subscription, but I can't log in there either. I also own Photoshop Elements 8--no logging in there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AshleighPayne are you on a managed network?  If not then can you please list the steps you performed and the results from the document offered in message #1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not on a managed network, I'm on my home network. I followed all the steps on that page.

1. Verified basic connectivity (I'm definitely on the Internet)

2. Verified access to secure sites (I accessed adobe.com just fine)

3. Verified hosts file (I opened all three provided links--the one that pulls up the Adobe logos and the links for CS5 and 6, all three worked fine)

4. Verified certificates (I went to the certificate manager, found the GlobalSign Root CA, checked the properties, everything was working there)

5. Confirmed the program with firewall (I already added the App Manager to my firewall, but just in case I completely disabled my firewall and tried logging in again, but no result)

The result is the same as it's been for the last two days: "Unable to contact Adobe. Please connect to the Internet and try again."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BloodMoonEquinox which operating system are you using?  Have you tried connecting directly to the Internet to see if your router settings maybe interferring with contacting Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running on Windows 8 on a brand new laptop.

I considered that it might be a problem with my home network, so I borrowed a wireless adaptor that lets your computer get Internet anywhere through Verizon. There was no change, I still got the error "Unable to contact Adobe. Please connect to the Internet and try again."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok then I would recommend you work directly with a member of our support team.  They may ask you to repeat some of the steps you have previously performed but this is necessary if the technical case needs to be escalated.  You may also want to reference this discussion thread as well.

For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some strange reason, the App Manager actually let me log in yesterday. Now I'm trying to download InDesign CS6, and it downloads, extracts, but freezes at 24% during the install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then the next step would be to review the installation log files.  You can find details on how to accomplish this at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines