Skip navigation
batemanjj
Currently Being Moderated

After converting MOBI to PDF format, how to reformat PDF?

Mar 11, 2013 7:20 PM

Hi friends,

There's a PDF file converted from MOBI format and it looks like "first half of the below image". Later, Someone could reprocess it to like the "second half of the below image". Could anyone please suggest me how to do this using adobe acrobat (or any other software)?

I tried "save as doc(x)" file and formatting word file but no luck. Please note that this document has images too.

Thanks much

http://i52.fastpic.ru/big/2013/0312/37/2b27728da3cb7d850af320fe268d5237.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2013 10:19 PM   in reply to batemanjj

Formatting in the way you want is not a role of Acrobat. The PDF is a final form, similar to printing to paper. Any edits are for minor changes. You would need to make changes at the MOBI level if possible before creating the PDF or save the PDF to a WORD file and hope you get something reasonable. Note that going to WORD is not that great in many cases. Since the MOBI format is for e-books, there may be a copyright issue with the file and anything you do with it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 5:10 PM   in reply to batemanjj

You are misinformed: Acrobat can only do very limited and specialized PDF editing. You can't edit the way you would in Microsoft Word.

Bill was doing his best to give you an answer based on the very limited information you provided in your original question. Bill said this at the beginning of his answer: "Formatting in the way you want is not a role of Acrobat. The PDF is a final form, similar to printing to paper. Any edits are for minor changes. "

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 6:58 PM   in reply to Steve Werner

I should probably keep my trap shut, but I can not resist. I did give you an answer as mentioned. It was that Acrobat could not do what you asked.

Your information was very vague. For instance there is no mention of you giving someone a PDF, but that that you had a PDF converted from MOBI (I had to look that up to even reply). I admit that I do not always read carefully, but indicated that conversion to WORD (that you had mentioned doing, but there are multiple options there and it even varies with version -- something that you never mentioned -- AA XI does the best I have seen of any version) was about your only solution from Acrobat. There are 3rd party editors that are claimed to do well and you might find them at PlanetPDF or PDFZone.

A lot of us spend a lot of our time trying to help others the best we can. Sorry if you felt I did not give you the answer you wanted, but there is really nothing that can be done with Acrobat other than what I suggested. That is an answer and the only one that can be given relative to Acrobat.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 7:39 PM   in reply to batemanjj

If it helps at all, you can see what produced the PDF that you got back. You use ctrl-D to view the document properties. Usually it indicates the producer. That might give a bit more insight into what you might be able to try. In terms of the C++ options, that is beyond this forum, though someone might know and address the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2013 5:39 AM   in reply to batemanjj

I tried Calibri several months ago, and I was unimpressed by the way it ignored common word processor attributes like paragraph indents, italics, footnoting, etc.  Having worked for ten years as a senior architect designing database driven dynamic  browser-based software applications similar to those later produced successfully by Siebel Systems (now defunct), I an not interested in buggy software.  This is why I chose the Adobe solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2013 2:29 PM   in reply to Saolllly

I think the problem is that going from Mobi to PDF is not a usual workflow. There is no Adobe tool which focuses on that kind of translation.

If you do a Google search on "Mobi to PDF" there is some software that claims to do such a conversion, but you'll have to try them out. I wouldn't expect much because Mobi files don't generally contain the kind of structural information you need to create a good PDF.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2013 7:00 PM   in reply to Saolllly

PS: Adobe solution is really great, but I also used Vibosoft ePub creator app, it works easily then Calibri, here is the article from Vibosoft: How to convert mobi to PDF.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2013 7:01 PM   in reply to Steve Werner

thanks, I have solve my problem, thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2013 7:36 PM   in reply to batemanjj

Well, i like all your sharing, really amazing, and as for me, i always use iPubsoft Mobi to PDF Converter which gives me perfect impression, here is a specific guide about this topic here: how to convert Mobi ebooks to PDF

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2013 7:28 PM   in reply to batemanjj

Adobe PDF is regarded as one of the most popular file formats that is widely compatible with almost all reading devices. If you want to turn MOBI files into a format that can guarantees you against the format incompatibility issue permanently, converting MOBI files to PDF is highly recommended.So you can use the Coolmuster PDF Creator Pro to help you do this job.

You can get help from this article: How to convert MOBI to PDF on Windows 7/8?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points