Skip navigation
PetraHg
Currently Being Moderated

Bouncing text

Mar 12, 2013 1:49 AM

Tags: #adobe #effects #text #premiere #crash #focus #11 #blur #unstable #bouncing #ellemnts

I have the problem in Adobe Premiere elements 11 with bouncing text (efects "focus" and "blur"). You can see it on video:

And if I used these effects, the program is unstable and falling (in editing the effects or in rendering process).

Is it problem only on my PC or is this the error of Adobe Premiere elements 11?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2013 7:56 AM   in reply to PetraHg

What I observed appears to be multiple, Linear Keyframes, that are not providing smooth Zooming.

Can you post a screen-cap of the Keyframes used to apply the Motion>Scale Effect on the Title?

There are several little tips to getting smooth Zooms, but without seeing those Keyframes, it would be guessing, and likely to confuse the issue. With those Keyframes visible, we can probably nail down the issue, and help with a slight modification.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2013 10:42 AM   in reply to PetraHg

Can you show us the actual Keyframes? With the Animation toggled ON (Stopwatch), and the >> at the top of the Applied Effects Panel hit, you should see a mini-Timeline, with the Keyframes displayed, per this image:

PrE11_Keyframes_01.png

In that image, you can see two types of Keyframes: the "diamond" indicates a Linear Keyframe, while the "hourglass" indicates a Bezier Keyframe (Ease In in this case). Both have been applied to Motion>Scale. If I had also done Motion>Position, there would be Keyframes for that Effect too.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2013 2:00 PM   in reply to PetraHg

In that first screen-cap, if your animated Clip has been Selected, then you have not added any animation, hence no Keyframes. Exactly how did you animate that Clip?

The Keyframes that are added, WILL be Linear Keyframes, displayed as the "diamond." However, once they have been added, you can Rt-click on the diamonds and choose a non-Linear Interpolation, such as Bezier, or one of the Bezier Presets, Ease-Out, or Ease-In. That change will "smooth out" the animation.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2013 2:39 PM   in reply to PetraHg

OK, you are using the Animation Presets.

After you applied the Animation Preset, did you Render (hit Enter/Return) the Timeline? Since PrE is creating "synthetic video" with the Title, and then you are applying an Animation Preset, there should be a red line above that Title, in Expert Mode (do not think that one would get the red line above the Title in Quick Mode).

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2013 3:09 PM   in reply to PetraHg

Did Rendering help with the problem?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2013 6:17 AM   in reply to PetraHg

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

What are your project settings (listed under the Edit menu)?

Which Publish & Share settings did you use to output your video?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2013 1:36 PM   in reply to PetraHg

Try mp4 for export instead for playing on a pc or vimeo, see how that works.

You will find that under avchd.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2013 3:29 PM   in reply to PetraHg

I have no idea if this will help, but you are editing in 50i and your footage is 50p.  Several weeks back, an Adobe employee posted here that some non USA versions were missing some presets, including 50p.  He wrote a tech letter describing a download and install proceedure.

I'll search for it tomorrow if nobody else remember where the tech letter is posted.

Maybe this will help.

Bill S

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2013 6:07 PM   in reply to PetraHg

I just did some NTSC Title tests, with several forms of "animation," such as Position, Opacity, Blur and Color Correction with Hue. I will post the Vimeo links, when those tests are uploaded.

In my case, I Exported/Shared/Published to both 30i and 30p. On my computer display, there were tiny bits of "roughness" in the 30i, but the 30p was 100% smooth. We will see how they appear in Vimeo.

I got nothing like what you show - that is horrible.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2013 6:46 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Here is 30p: https://vimeo.com/user17132571/review/62037350/86409aa327

Here is 30i: https://vimeo.com/user17132571/review/62037351/390d634f97

Everything was done with Keyframes on the various Effects, both Added and Fixed. No Presets were used.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 5:13 AM   in reply to PetraHg

You also should not be Publishing & Sharing a video you're going to upload to Vimeo as an MPEG.

You should be using Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the Vimeo preset.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 7:43 AM   in reply to PetraHg

PetraHg wrote:

To whsprague: it will be great, if you find the letter, how to download and install patch for 50p. I asked on chat with technicall support of Adobe and they said, that Adobe Premeire Ellements 11 does not contatin 50p. so I was sad.

The missing 50p preset was discussed in this thread/topic:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1100554?start=0&tstart=0

The answer and instructions to download presets that was provided by "Pre_Help, staff" is here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/missing-presets-pre-11.htm l

Bill S

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 7:54 AM   in reply to PetraHg

PetraHg wrote:

May be, I read in another topic, that there can be problems with compatibility Win 8 APE 11.

Adobe has "certified" compliance with Win 8.  In the only topic I followed about Win 8, the issue was that portions of the screen were missing.  The poster had a Win 8 computer with AMD processor and graphics.  One theory was that Intel works better, but that was not well established at all.

The thread starter, with considerable excitement, found that his PrE11 and AMD computer would work by using the "Windows 7 Compatability Box".  In Win 7, you right click on the program tab, icon or whatever it is called and select "Properties".   Then look for the "Compatibility" tab.  The thread starter found the equivalent in Win 8.  I don't have any idea how this works as I don't have Win 8, have taken steps to avoid it and never had the problem.

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points