Skip navigation
Triadpart
Currently Being Moderated

V.  11 crashing

Mar 12, 2013 11:47 AM

After installing v. 11 602, it will not play any video and terminates the program.

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 12, 2013 1:40 PM   in reply to Triadpart

To help troubleshoot we'll need the following system information:

When reporting issues with video or audio, it's also helpful to get your system hardware and driver details.  Instructions for finding this information can be found here:

Finally, sometimes video and audio problems are caused at a lower level and not directly related to Flash Player.  I recommend trying both of the links below to see how they perform.  If the problem exists with both, then Flash Player is most likely not the culprit as the HTML5 video link does not use Flash Player when playing.  You can verify the use of HTML5 by right clicking the HTML5 video and looking for the words "About HTML5" at the bottom of the context menu.

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 13, 2013 7:07 PM   in reply to Triadpart

If possible, please post the entire error message (or a screenshot) if you decide to upgrade again.  That might help me figure out what's going on.

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 20, 2013 1:34 PM   in reply to Triadpart

Unfortunately, I didn't receive anything.  Can you go to the forums and post the screenshot using the forum's reply toolbar (also described in my screenshot link above.)

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 20, 2013 2:03 PM   in reply to Triadpart

Would you be willing to run the following steps to generate a debug log for me?  If this looks like too much work, please let me know and if you're willing we can schedule a quick desktop sharing session so I can do this on your system for you.

1. Download and extract the flash_report.zip file attached to this forum post to your desktop

2. Download “SetACL (executable version)_2.zip” from: http://bit.ly/WEppuY

2. Extract the appropriate “SetACL.exe” from either the 64 bit or 32 bit folder and place it alongside the flash_report.bat file

3. Right click flash_report.bat and select “Run as administrator”

Once run, a file named flashreport.txt will be created.  Please copy/paste the contents of this file into a reply.

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 20, 2013 4:52 PM   in reply to Triadpart

When you ran the flash_report.bat file, did you right click and select "run as administrator"?  If not, can you delete the log and try again?  Once run, please email the log file to ccampbel@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 20, 2013 5:15 PM   in reply to Triadpart

Odd, many of the log entries state that they don't have admin level privledges.

I still haven't received the screenshot of the error you are getting.  Can you post that please?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 22, 2013 6:06 PM   in reply to Triadpart

I've tried replying back to your email a few times but unfortunately the address is causing the server to return the mail as undelivered...

Can you try this version of 10.3 (it has all of the latest security updates)?

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win /install_flash_player_10_active_x.exe

Have you tried Chrome or Firefox to see if they also exhibit this behavior?  What URL’s are causing Flash Player to crash?  Have you tried updating your video drivers to see if that makes a difference?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 25, 2013 1:05 PM   in reply to Triadpart

Ah, ok.  We can fix that installation error by uninstalling using the stand alone uninstaller first.  You can get this at:

http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninsta ll_flash_player.exe

If you still get prompted to update when viewing videos, please let me know a specific URL that causes this message to appear.  I've been trying to reproduce this problem but so far have been unsuccessful.

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 25, 2013 1:38 PM   in reply to Triadpart

Hi Rick,

Can we do a quick desktop sharing session so I can see what's going on?  Please email me at ccampbel@adobe.com and let me know a valid return email address.

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points