Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Licensed vs Creative Cloud

Mar 12, 2013 12:19 PM

I have 4 machines running Dreamweaver CS6, all with the latest updates. Two use my Creative Cloud subscription, two are licensed copies with serial nubers. There are significant differences in the two versions. The Creative Cloud version has a very handy search feature in the File Manager and the PHP code that is written is far less buggy. There are also significant differences in creating forms and binding server behaviors in PHP.

Is there any way to get the updates in my Licensed copies to have the same updates as the copies from Creative Cloud? Opening the application manager in both apps gives me the exact same look. I'd just like to eliminate the funky PHP code and the errors and get to the more modern way of build forms that the Cloud version of DW uses.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2013 12:37 PM   in reply to Rick Gerard

Nope.

That's the benefit of having a Cloud Subscription, you get the newest and greatest (and accidentally omitted) features as they come up with them.

They'll be available in the next version of the perpetual license (disk copy).

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 12:37 PM   in reply to Rick Gerard

Sadly no.  Creative Cloud subscribers are privy to all the latest updates as soon as they roll out.  Perpetual License users must wait for the next full upgrade (CS6.5 or CS7).  I agree with you that the Cloud software I use today is almost nothing like the original CS6 release. 

I wonder if it might be better for you to convert your perpetual licenses over to Cloud or Cloud Team.  You would have to call customer service to help you with that.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 1:35 PM   in reply to Rick Gerard

I'm kind of surprised especially since you're already a Cloud subscriber.  Did you ask to speak to a supervisor?

N

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2013 2:11 AM   in reply to Rick Gerard

Hi Rick,

The support team should be getting in touch with you soon. Let me know how it went.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2013 5:45 AM   in reply to Preran

Hi Rick,

Let me know if you still need help.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 1:34 AM   in reply to Preran

OK, here goes.

1. Click http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/membership-subscript ion-troubleshooting-creative-cloud.html
    2. Click I want to Change My Membership : Upgrade, Renew, Or Restart

The information that you seek is under I want to change to an annual membership or creative cloud membership.

Let me know if that answers your question.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 5:46 AM   in reply to Preran

Preran, that didn't really answer the last question about the cross-over policy from Adobe.  Are there costs associated with that or a process involved (ie: like the old cross-grade)?

Also is there any update on whether there will be smaller suites available?  I know that's one of the big sticking points I still run into trying to sell the creative cloud where I work instead of the boxed edition.  We do hardly any video work and the fact that everything is just thrown in the package makes them feel like it's not a wise purchase.  It would be an easier sell to split the difference from the single subscription to the full cloud and pay $39.99/mo for a design/web cloud.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points