Skip navigation
strangebeth!
Currently Being Moderated

How do I go around the Photoshop CS activation?

Mar 12, 2013 7:13 PM

Tags: #help #activation #photoshop_cs #windows_8

I had to reinstall Photoshop CS on my laptop, but the activation servers for it are now moot and won't let me use the program anymore.

I can't afford the new stuff so I called customer service.

I've already gotten the free CS2 download off the Adobe site and found it to be REALLY CRAPPY and useless.

I seriously want (actually, need for some projects) my CS back, but when I reinstall it off the disc I can't use it anymore because the 30-day limit is up.

Can someone please give me information on how to go around this activation deal, and make my Photoshop CS work again? I've used this program for so many years...

I also use Windows 8 on my laptop (for now...)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2013 7:21 PM   in reply to strangebeth!

What specifically is REALLY CRAPY AND USELESS about CS2?  Most version changes are just incremental changes from the previous version.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2013 7:34 PM   in reply to strangebeth!

Yes, these programs were made to work with XP so you take a big risk updating to Win 8.  And Win 8 still has a lot of problems just working with the current version of photoshop CS6. 

Have you updated your tablet and video card drivers to Win 8?  That can be a major problem and symptomatic of what you are describing.  Get the updates from manufacturers web site and not MS.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points