Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Video breaks up into a video group, why?

Mar 12, 2013 11:00 PM

When I download a video and after PSE 10 is shutdown and then later brought up again some of the downloaded video's have broken up into a video group. That is they are now in segments instead of a whole. Very frustrating. I run win 8 which came preloaded on my new HP laptop. How do I stop this? Thanks for any help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2013 11:08 PM   in reply to seamutt33

They have not been broken up. Seems like auto-analyzer has worked on them and so renditions (video-scenes) have been created. This is no way will break your video. Whenever you play, it will be played as a whole and not in chunks. Keep the video-scenes collapsed and play.

You can stop further auto analysis by unchecking the preference here-

Edit >> Preferences >> Media Analysis.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2013 9:42 PM   in reply to seamutt33

Hi,

Does your video file look like this ? -

img.JPG

I tried playing it in collapsed state and it played as a whole. Please share a screenshot of your screen.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2013 2:21 AM   in reply to seamutt33

Are you also using Premiere Elements? For example if you ever choose smart fix, smart sound or smart trim in Premiere Elements that will automatically start the Auto-Analyzer. Your video has not been physically broken, the sequences are simply metadata. If you go to the folder your original video from the camera should be there.

If you find the sequences are confusing, simply delete them all from the Organizer. Click on the small flash icon (see image below) at the bottom of Organizer to make sure Analyzer is not running and then import your video again from the folder.

DisAA.png

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 10:40 PM   in reply to seamutt33

Use file >> get photos and videos >> from files and folder. You will see this in Organizer.

Instead of copy to flashdrive, you may try File >> Export as New file. This will bring along any metadata changes made to the movie files. Also once you export you may check outside of EO that the video files are not physically broken.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2013 10:52 PM   in reply to seamutt33

Great. Please take some time out to mark correct answer on this thread for other users quick reference.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2013 1:20 PM   in reply to 99jon

Hello,

is there any way to get rid of those video scenes without deleting the scenes from the catalog and reimporting the videos? I have around 430 of those videos broken into those clips. I would hate to have to re-tag all of them.

Greetings, Jost

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points