Skip navigation
brucaulav
Currently Being Moderated

Issue when trying to upgrade FB 4.7 to AIRDSK 3.6

Mar 13, 2013 2:10 AM

Hi,

I'm desperately trying to upgrade FB 4.7 to AIRSDK 3.6 since 3 weeks.

I've followed the various solutions found on forums and the various processes displayed by the "helpx.adobe.com" pages, but none of them works.

So please, if a member of Adobe Support Team or someone who succeeded to perform the upgrade reads this, I need help and if possible a detailed strp by step process.

Thks in advance for answers.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 13, 2013 8:30 PM   in reply to brucaulav

Use this article [1] with the appropriate substitutions. If you're a mac user, take note of the first comment to the article.

[1] http://www.flashdeveloper.co/post/10985842021/overlay-adobe-air-32-in- flash-builder-46

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2013 8:40 PM   in reply to brucaulav

Which AIR SDK kit did you download?  The main one will not work with Flex.  There is some fine print below the main download button for a Flex-compatible kit.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2013 9:01 PM   in reply to Flex harUI

Can't wait to see if this is solved. I've been dealing with the same thing. And, yep, that fine print is nice to discover. I do wish they could rephrase it a bit so that I'm not so confused (provincial, I know). But to say that if you're using 'Flex,' you should download this version, it's pretty darn confusing to me. Does that mean Flash Builder. Does that mean the Flex SDK. What about us who are building desktop applications and forget that AIR is laid on top of Flex. Would it be more helpful if they said something like "If you're not using an ActionScript only project and are using MXML components, or you are building in Adobe AIR, please download this version."

If that's what they mean. We haven't quite figured it out yet. But it definitely shouldn't be really small type like a Terms of Use agreement, imho.

John

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2013 9:05 PM   in reply to John Hall

And I don't think it should be in fine print. Many of us are still trying to hang in there with desktop apps that are not games or whatever is the flavor-de-jour. AIR is pretty awesome, but it's frustrating to feel like we have to go looking for solutions by inferring from Adobe's preferred gaming demographic. Again, just one person's opinion, but there's nothing special about me. So I'm guessing here are at least a couple people with the same issues.

John

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2013 8:08 AM   in reply to brucaulav

I’m not in charge of the AIR stuff.  I was told they bundled ASC2.0 with the latest AIR SDKs because that does reflect the gaming strategy going forward.  And whatever additional files that is affects the “overlay” workflow you folks are using.  The “Flex” version of the kit is there with the same file set as older SDKs.

I don’t do these overlays, so I don’t have much more info than that.

And if you are doing Flex work, switch to Apache Flex.  It has an installer and some shell scripts that supposedly deal with the overlays correctly.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points