Skip navigation
kuhlart
Currently Being Moderated

Importing Illustrator vector art into Flash for animation

Mar 13, 2013 11:52 AM

Tags: #illustrator #cs5 #flash #export #import

Hi, so I'm completely new to flash and still learning the basics, but I know Illustrator backwards and forwards. I'm working on a Flash game with an animator who has little experience with illustrator. I'd really like to make the art work in illustrator and import it to flash for the animation. I've done a few tests and found that (no surprise) special opacity effects like feathers don't translate, which is fine. The clipping masks seem to be intact but I'm not sure if they are a good idea or not... long story short: I need help organizing my .ai files to import into flash as symbols (i guess) that the animator will then rig with the bone tool or something...? I've been told that Flash uses layers and not groups, so i shouldn't group an element but rather place it on a new layer? I'm a little lost, so any help would be much appreciated.

I'm using CS5 for both Illustrator and Flash on a Mac running on OSX Snow Leopard. I think the animator is on a PC.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2013 8:27 AM   in reply to kuhlart

From Adobe:

Illustrator & Flash

Paste & Copy can be tricky,

the only 1:1 gurantee i Found if you choose Bitmap (which somehow contradicts the purpose)

If you choose:

"Apply Recommended Import Settings To Resolve Incompatibilities"

I often find Flash distorts the outlines

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points