Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Date created. Date file created

Mar 13, 2013 11:30 AM

I am on WIndows 7, and I just got a few mpeg clips captured with Premiere pro cs6

I would like to know WHEN were these senes shot, so how can I do this.

Presently in metadata of the Bridge the Date created / Date file created / Date file modified are the same (today's date)

In case that it cannot be done on Bridge, is there a simple utility that will give me the info

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 13, 2013 11:55 AM   in reply to Soula-55

Date created (at least for photo) is set by the camera when image is shot, and can not be changed in Bridge.  Date file created is usually when it is loaded into Bridge or when a name change is made, date file modified is when you change file.  THey can all be the same or different depending on the above.

Can only assume a movie camera will be same.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2013 5:34 PM   in reply to Soula-55

What did you not understand about post #1?  If you do not see those listed in the metadata panel you probably do no have them checked.  Go to edit/preferences/metadata for the options to display.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2013 7:15 AM   in reply to Soula-55

If Date Created is current date/time it would seem that either the camera did not record a date and time of creating the shot(s) or Premiere may have created a new mpeg file from one or more camera sequences and did not carry forward a time from camera (as might happen if premiere incorporated multiple clips with different camera times?).

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2013 4:50 PM   in reply to Soula-55

Robert is probably correct.  If you made a rendered copy of the video the new dates are probably the ones when new video was created.  If you want the dates when the original film was shot you would have to have the original film and view its metadata.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points