Skip navigation
foxdown88
Currently Being Moderated

adding a moving line to a map

Mar 13, 2013 12:12 PM

Steve

I am following your instructions in your new book Cool Tricks and Hot Tips but have got stuck at page 174 , steps 4 and 5.

Not sure what you mean when you say Apply Crop to Map.  I drag it down to the map ; the map is outlined but the outline didappears when i unclick.

In step 5 i cannot find the Applied Effects button. I am using Pr E 10

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 13, 2013 12:42 PM   in reply to foxdown88

I have no idea what's in the book but a quick way to make a traveling line is to make two maps.

One with the line and one without the line.

Place the one with the line on top to the one without the line and add a wipe transition over nearly the entire clip and set it to the appropiate direction. Done.

The time it takes to move the line can be set by either shrinking or stretching the map.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2013 2:18 PM   in reply to foxdown88

Have a look at my tutorial, along the left side of this page. It may help make it clearer what you're doing.

http://muvipix.com/cooltricks11.php

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2013 3:15 PM   in reply to foxdown88

Yes it will but you will have to make a line map for each town: extending the line for each town.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2013 4:06 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

I was so excited to get my book for that one trick!  Now you are giving it away.  I should have paid more attention.  I'm laughing and like the book a lot.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2013 5:24 AM   in reply to foxdown88

Well, hopefully the book is helping make sense of the tutorial and vice versa. Glad you guys are having fun with it!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points