Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Not enough memory and UI disappear

Mar 13, 2013 4:42 PM

Hello, I used Photoshop CS6 without problem until now. Now I dont have enought ram , still cpu processing, freezing and delete my UI layout. I cant work with this I have Core2Quad, 8GB ram, GeForce 250 GTS with Windows 8. Latest driver I also tried beta version and older version. Clean settings, disable opengl, reinstal photoshop, install 32 bit of photoshop I tried everything. All my programs (AE, Premiere, Softimage) works perfect. I dont use any plugins. Also tried compatibility mode. Now it looks that I have to reinstall windows. Any idea what I can try else?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 13, 2013 4:48 PM   in reply to CenekStrichel

Why do you think you don't have enough memory?

What exact error message are you seeing?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2013 5:15 PM   in reply to CenekStrichel

8 gigs is plenty of ram for most tasks.  Not enough memory can also mean your disk space.  Do you have 20% free space?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2013 5:39 PM   in reply to CenekStrichel

In this case it's probably a bogus error being returned by your video card driver.

You can try turning off GPU usage in Photoshop preferences and see if that helps.

But you probably want to update the video card driver from the GPU maker's website.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2013 11:35 AM   in reply to CenekStrichel

Are both monitors plugged into the same video card?  You should only be running one video card for best results.  If you have 2 monitors in different cards it could be the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2013 1:40 PM   in reply to CenekStrichel

When, specifically, do you get the "not enough RAM" error?

And your screenshot shows the layers palette misdrawn due to a video driver bug.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2013 1:59 PM   in reply to CenekStrichel

Have you cleaned off the existing drivers (uninstalled them), and installed a recent driver from your GPU maker's website?

If so, and you're still seeing those drawing problems, then you need to contact the GPU maker and work with them to figure out why your driver is having so many problems and help them solve the problems on your system or in their driver.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points