Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Spark textInput, I'm baffled

Mar 13, 2013 6:08 PM

It's been a couple years since I've had a problem with Flex/AIR. Now I've run out of ideas. I have a spark:TextInput within a component that is shown, inside another component, and all else works withing the component that is shown. However, the textinput field displays no text when I type. It gets the focus, there's no restrict on the textInput field and there are no keyStroke traps in the component. I'm totally baffled. Anyone run into this and have suggestions? Obviously something I'm overlooking that I've done, since hundreds of other textInput fields in the application work fine. I've tried turning editable on and enabled on. No difference regardless of the combinations.

Oh, here's the complicated script:

<s:TextInput id = "reportTitle"

y = "18"

left = "119"

right = "27"

color = "#000000"

prompt = "Title for HTML Report" />

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 13, 2013 8:48 PM   in reply to John Hall

You sure it isn’t losing focus?  What is the component it is in?  There are some rules about the focusEnabled and has focusableChildren properties when you bury a focusable component inside another component that isn’t a container.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2013 8:04 AM   in reply to John Hall

Are you using embedded fonts?  If so, make sure they are embedded correctly.  Do you get textInput events?  Does the text property change but just nothing is displayed?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 4:01 AM   in reply to John Hall

please add focusEnabled = true

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers