Skip navigation
HannahBloom
Currently Being Moderated

Crackling at the start of each piece of audio?

Mar 14, 2013 10:23 PM

Tags: #adobe #audio #premiere #cs6 #crackling

Hi All,

I've come across a problem when editing an interview on Adobe CS6. I'm working with audio from a perfectly good piece of footage - when listening to it in its raw form there is no crackling. However, when I use the razor tool to chop up the footage and its corresponding audio, the start of each clip has a 'shhh' sound for about 2 seconds. I know that this is not the microphone crackling as the audio sounds fine when it's not chopped up. I have tried putting an Exponential Fade at the start of each piece of audio and manually fading it in using the pen tool, but it still sounds muffled for the first few seconds. I have also tried to use the Decrackler & Declicker effect, but as there's no actually cracking on the audio track itself, this has made no difference. The other thing - I can't hear this sound when editing in Adobe Premiere - it's only when the project has been exported into a movie file.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks,

B

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 15, 2013 10:09 AM   in reply to HannahBloom

Any effects on the clips or track, besides Decrackler?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2013 4:09 PM   in reply to HannahBloom

Something to explore would be Non-Zero Crossings with your Cuts. See this article for a bit more detail: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3365894#3365894

Audition has had the capability to limit Cuts to Zero Crossings for many versions, and I would like see that function added to PrPro too.

Good luck, and hope that it's that simple,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2013 4:45 PM   in reply to HannahBloom

'Denoiser' on it

There you go.  It may be better to do this outside of PP.  Maybe try Audacity.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2013 6:37 PM   in reply to HannahBloom

A lot will depend on the algorithms that any DeNoiser uses, but most are designed to remove analog tape hiss, and not what most would like for them to do.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points