Skip navigation
jenslau
Currently Being Moderated

auto shape properties window doesn´t refresh values

Mar 15, 2013 5:43 AM

Tags: #auto #bug #update #properties #fireworks #shape #refresh

hi,

after installing creative suite 4 on my new pc i have a big problem. the auto shape properties window in fireworks doesn´t refresh the values of my shape. if i select the shape i have to close the panel and open it again to get the right values. if i select on shape and then another one, i have to do the same. this is really annoying.

here a little demonstration: http://gate8.de/jeeeee/2013-03-13_1810.swf

i uninstalled fireworks, deleted preferences folder, updated graphic driver and finally called the support but they "coundn´t" help because the product is too old

i hope you can help.

thx a lot!

Jens

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 16, 2013 10:21 AM   in reply to jenslau

Hopefully, you realize you can edit the Auto Shapes directly on the canvas. Hovering over a "yellow diamond" will reveal a tooltip telling what property it adjusts.

It sounds like there's a communication problem between the panel and the canvas/application. The Auto Shape Properties panel is a SWF panel that resides in the application's Configuration/Command Panels folder. Other SWF panels include Align, Path, Symbol Properties, Image Editing, Special Characters, and Color Palette. I wonder if any of these other panels are affected?

It seems like there's been a lot of problems with Flash-based panels conflicting with other apps or plug-ins. Try quitting and restarting the application with no other applications running in the background. Also check out something like this: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3931126

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 9:21 AM   in reply to jenslau

Here's the Fireworks Help page regarding the conflict with the Flashbug/FlashFirebug plug-in (in the Firefox web browser):

http://helpx.adobe.com/fireworks/kb/blank-panels-fireworks-cs5-cs5.htm l

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 2:17 PM   in reply to jenslau

Are you on Mac or Windows?  The problem seems a little more common Windows.  When it happens, panels built with Flash (like the auto shape panel) don't get selection events from FW, so they don't know to update.

I haven't found any particular pattern to this issue.  FW can work fine for days on end, then it just stops working.  Then it'll start again.  If FW crashes, or I kill the process, the panels often stop working.  But they may start again without restarting FW.  It's all very weird and random and frustrating.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points