Skip navigation
wtfbingo
Currently Being Moderated

Patterns are Disappearing

Mar 15, 2013 11:12 AM

Tags: #patterns #patterns_missing #patterns_disappearing

I have been using CS5 at work for over 2 years. I do not have "administrator access", so I have been unable to install any of the updates that Adobe tries to send my way.

This week I went to work on a project and noticed that all of my custom patterns that I had created over the last two years were gone. I looked for a solution online, but found none, short of reinstalling the program, which is a pain-in-the-butt considering the "administrator access" thing. That, and I had some impending deadlines.So, I simply recreated a few of the patterns that I needed for the day.

(Insert automatic Windows XP update mid-week, but the recreated patterns are still there.)

This morning I go back and they are gone again. There are a lot of settings that seem to have defaulted, as well as the reappearance of warning boxes I had opted not to see again.

All the other stuff aside, I just want to make sure my patterns are there and don't disappear into thin air. Is there a fix that doesn't require constant back up to another, unrelated folder?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 15, 2013 12:02 PM   in reply to wtfbingo

Your patterns are stored in preferences, or wherever you saved the files.

If your active patterns disappeared - that means that something went wrong with your preferences.

The fact that the Don'tShowAgain dialogs are showing up means that your preferences got reset.

But hopefully you saved your custom built patterns elsewhere, and can just reload them.

And you really, really need to get someone to help you install the updates so you can get all the bug fixes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points