Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Editing with ACR "RAW" in Elements 11?

Mar 15, 2013 10:49 AM

The new RAW editor for Elements 11 has changed from Elements 10. Where can I find support on how to effectively edit RAW files with Elements 11? I previously purchased the Mark Galer Elements 10 book and found it very useful. I am looking for similar support for Elements 11.

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,867 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 15, 2013 11:01 AM   in reply to powerpcaa

You can still use the Process Version 2010 if you previously adjusted your images using the old fill light and recovery sliders. I use PV2012 going forward, which I find greatly improved, and it now opens up new possibilities for improving highlights and shadows without creating halos.

Take a look at this video tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF1NBCdC_Dc

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 20, 2013 12:41 AM   in reply to powerpcaa

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 20, 2013 1:29 AM   in reply to powerpcaa

powerpcaa wrote:

Thanks

I do like the ACR in Elements 11. Do you know if there is a way to open multiple JPG files into the ACR? I tried control clicking but it only takes one file at a time

Thanks

In my opinion, this is one the biggest limitations of Elements compared to Lightroom.

The target public of Elements is not the same as that of LR, but Elements is especially attractive to users wanting more than the basic editors on the market and to advanced photographers who don't need at all the additional tools of CS.

Today, those users are apt to use both raw and jpegs pictures : pictures from various cameras in the family, pictures from the DSLR and from the small P&S you carry everywhere. That's a new trend.

What's also new is the power of the new ACR version, which enables you to edit 90% of your pictures without needing to do anything else in the editor. You don't need to save an edited copy as a PSD or JPEG...

And so the Organizer should treat the jpegs just like raws. You should be able to open jpegs (even several jpegs) in ACR from the organizer (the EditInAcr script from John R Ellis did that for single pictures up to version 8). There should be an option additionally to 'edit in an external editor' : open in ACR.

Of course, It would be great to be able to open several jpegs directly from the editor.

I have also suggested elsewhere that the dngconverter would include the option to batch convert jpegs to DNGs. That would enable a batch converting of jpegs to DNGs which would be imported in the catalog, and could be treated just like raws. That would be a workaround.

If you agree, you can add your votes:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/option_to_open_j peg_files_in_acr_directly_from_the_organizer

and

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/dng_include_chec k_codes_for_jpeg_image_data_like_there_are_for_raw_image_data

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points