Skip navigation
Envirographics
Currently Being Moderated

Rotate raster image Classic Tween jumps why ?

Mar 15, 2013 11:34 AM

Hi,

I have a plan view of a head and 1st keyframe its -7deg, then at next KF 20 frames later its at 0 deg and then third KF 20 frames later  its at +7deg, rotated about a point in its neck = spine.

The first placement on screen was at middle KF, I made it a movieclip, then created third KF and I rotated it, then for first I had to drag drop the MC from LIB again to get an image to rotate and placed it and rotated it -7 deg.

I clicked between the two KF and made Classic Tween, repeated for the last two KF, so I have a classic tween from -7 to 0 and another from 0 to +7

drag timeline cursor and the head rises up and down screen !!!  why doesnt it rotate.

I have managed to rotate a raster image before now.

Envirographics

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 15, 2013 1:04 PM   in reply to Envirographics

Show a picture of whatever you are calling the head and what you mean?  Is the movieclip registration centered?

You say you dragged another instance onto the stage for the other tween.  It is usually best to just work with on instance on the stage and adjust its position rather than placing new instances... it helps insure you didn't mix species.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 16, 2013 2:33 PM   in reply to Envirographics

Here's a better way to make sure everything lines up properly and Flash sees it as the same thing.

• Get rid of everything you have now on the layer with your head on it. Make sure there are no keyframes.
    • Drag a new head to the central (not rotated) position. Is this a Movie Clip or graphic? If not, press F8 to convert it to a symbol. Otherwise, Flash will create a symbol for you in the background that you don't have much say over.
    • If the number of frames in the layer is less than the total animation length you want (from -7 to +7), use F5 to add frames (tip--just click on the last frame you want to use and press F5 and this will fill in the keyframes.
    • Click on the first frame you want to be not rotated (somewhere in the middle of the animation). Press F6. You should see a new keyframe.
    • At the frame before you want the rotation to +7 to begin, create another new keyframe.
    • On the last frame, create a keyframe.
    • Go to the first frame, rotate the head to -7.
    • Go to the last frame, rotate the head to +7.
    • Right-click to create the motion tweens between the first frame and the first 0 deg keyframe, and the last 0 deg keyframe and the end.

Note that this can be done with fewer steps with a "new" style tween, but the principle is the same. Create a zone in the center of the tween where the head dowsn't move by adding keyframes, then rotate the symbol on each end.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points