Skip navigation
Joseph Randig
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CS3 will not open after installing updates

Mar 15, 2013 12:18 PM

Tags: #cs3

Hello,

I am having a problem printing borderless with InDesign CS3. When my paper size is set on borderless my photos print very light. If Iremove the borderless setting the photos print fine.

In a effort to correct this problem I downloaded  and installed updates for InDesign CS3 now InDesign will not open.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 15, 2013 12:24 PM   in reply to Joseph Randig

Which update did you install? What OS? What, exactly, happens when you try to open ID? Any error message?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2013 2:11 PM   in reply to Joseph Randig

Did you install the 5.0.3 after the 5.0.4? There's no need to install it at all as 5.0.4 is cumulative.

Do you have a crash report? You should post it on Pastebin.com and put a link to it here.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2013 3:46 PM   in reply to Joseph Randig

5.0.3 should not have installed after 5.0.4 (that's a problem with the installer), and it may have added problems. First things to try, though, before we get down to uninstalling and reinstalling again, are trashing the prefs (Replace Your Preferences), trying a new user account, and starting with extensions disabled (hold down the Shift key when you boot).

If it comes to reinstalling again, you should probably also run the cleaner tool (CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3) before reinstalling, and make sure you have the correct update which you can download again from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4029

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2013 3:53 PM   in reply to Joseph Randig

You now need to put a link to it here so we can see it....

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2013 4:04 PM   in reply to Joseph Randig

Go back to where you posted it on pastebin.com, select the web address in your browser, copy, then come back here and paste it in a post.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2013 4:20 PM   in reply to Joseph Randig

I don't see a smoking gun there, but I'm not as expert at reading the reports as some others are. One thing, though, it indicates that the update is not installed, so you should download and run the update again from the link I posted above.

If it continues to crash after that, post another report.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2013 4:54 PM   in reply to Joseph Randig

When you are ready to reinstall, try to do it in the no-extensions mode (holding down the shift key to start the computer). The CS3 installers were particularly sensitive to conflicts wiht other software on PC, and the same may be true on your Mac.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points