Skip navigation
sarandipt2
Currently Being Moderated

Media duration in Bridge

Mar 15, 2013 12:45 PM

Tags: #bridge #feature_request #media #metadata

This stuns me so much that I feel I MUST be missing something: If Bridge is intended to browse, manage, and preview all kinds of media, anything that the Master Creative Suite can use, then why can't I see a display of the duration of audio and video clips? This is a basic feature that appears to be completely absent.

I'm missing something, aren't I? I must not be paying enough attention. Surely I can see this information at a glance somehow, right?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 15, 2013 2:22 PM   in reply to sarandipt2

I do not know any easy way to find the data with Bridge.  You might try the scripting forum and see if they can extract the data.  If you have success please post back here with solution as I am sure others would be interested.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Mar 15, 2013 2:44 PM   in reply to sarandipt2

If Bridge is intended to browse, manage, and preview all kinds of media, anything that the Master Creative Suite can use

The assumption is logical and a nice thought, reality is something different. Unfortunately we don't live in Utopia yet...

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,043 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Mar 26, 2013 4:48 AM   in reply to sarandipt2

Isn't there a duration metadata entry but it does not seem to be auto-populated, indeed.

You may still try to post a feature request on : http://feedback.photoshop.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points