Skip navigation
Christian 0404
Currently Being Moderated

Illustrator stop answering and quiting when trying to save

Mar 15, 2013 3:02 PM

My illustrator CS6, for a reason i'm not able to locate, is not able to save files in an ai format. It stops answering and then finally quit.

It seems to happen when the file is containing other formates like jpeg, dwg, pdf, png etc. when i'm only drawing in illustrator it is able to save.

I have twice rebooted my system after trying every suggestions i could find online, like updating etc. It seems to fix the issue for a time, but then after some time it just stops functioning, I consider it a very bad solution to periodically reboot my system.

One clue i have is that it might be a conflict with the microsoft visual C++, because the error seems to appear after using comuter games which installs microsoft visual C++. But reinstalling either Illustrator ot microsft visual C++ don't solve the problem.

Finally it might be a problem with windows 7, but i can't see a way to fix it and it's works fine when my system is freshly rebooted.

Hope someone can give me a clue as how to solve this problem, because it's very frustrating.

Best Regards Christian.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 16, 2013 12:25 AM   in reply to Christian 0404

We cannot know. Your info is too vague. Provide exact system info and crash details:

Working with your Operating System’s Tools

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points