Try running Organizer in Compatibililty mode.
- Quit Elements Organizer if already opened
- Locate 'PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe' on your drive
- Right click on file and select 'Properties'
- Switch to 'Compatibility' tab
- Select check box 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'
- Select 'Windows XP SP3'. Hit 'OK'
Please try running PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe with Admin rights.
For this, right click on the exe >> Run as admin. You will find this exe at the location-
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 11 Organizer\ on 54 bit machine
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Elements 11 Organizer on 32-bit machine
I got PhotoMail and Email attachments to work by reinstalling PS Elements
11. Thanks for your ideas but they were about 5 hours late! I have
installed Windows 8 on my Sony laptop and have had a few puzzling problems.
Another I have is when I try to click on newly installed .MTS videos in
Organizer, I get an error message "Unable to load movie The selected file cannot
be played because your system does not have the required (codec)
installed. They used to play in PSE10. I do not have Premiere 11 but I do have
Premiere 10. Could that be the reason? Do I need put all of my .mts videos
in Premiere 10 first?
Organizer 11 will play your .mts videos only if you have PRE11 since PRE provides it the necessary codecs to play these videos. IMO, PRE10 won't help in playing these videos in Organizer 11. You can get better advice on this issue if you post the same in Premiere Elements Forum. (http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements)