Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge won't launch

Mar 16, 2013 12:34 AM

I cannot get the Minibridge to launch in InDesign CS6 on Windows 7. It asks me to click a button to launch it, and then it just circles round and round with the message "waiting for Bridge CS6". Same thing in Photoshop. I am running Photostop and Illustration in 64-bit, but the InDesign by default loads under Programs (86).

When I click on either Bridge or Bridge 64-bit in the program files, nothing seems to load either. I followed the intructions at http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/error-waiting-for-bridge-cs5.html. I tried Soltuion #1 and Soluttion #4 there. No go. Then I reinstalled the program. No change.

Any idea what could cause this? I need it because I am getting a color synchronization error in InDesign and my printer is printing the wrong colors.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 16, 2013 7:12 AM   in reply to JWH-NIRC

You should try trashing the Bridge prefs -- that used to work for me.

I think the same Ctrl + Alt + Shift trick on startup of Bridge should work, but you need to be really fast.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2013 6:51 PM   in reply to JWH-NIRC

No, you want to press the three keys immediately after launching the full Bridge (just like using the keys to reset ID prefs). Once you've reset the Bridge prefs this way try launching Mini Bridge again.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2013 2:02 AM   in reply to JWH-NIRC

Not sure, though it looks like they share the same prefs. Do both?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2013 2:15 AM   in reply to JWH-NIRC

Are you saying Bridge doesn't launch from it's own .exe file?

Reinstallation does not remove preferences unless you specifically tell the uninstaller to remove them.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2013 10:51 PM   in reply to JWH-NIRC

Sounds like Bridge did not launch properly, but it may actually be running in Task Manager. If it is, right-click the Bridge.exe process and "end peocess tree."

There is a way to manually delete the prefs, but I can't remember it, and an hour of searching hasn't brought it up (you can ask inthe Bridge forum) for me, so perhaps just renaming the Bridge CS6 folder in your \<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\ folder might work.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2013 10:59 PM   in reply to JWH-NIRC

If it's not running you don't need to kill it before renaming the folder.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 3:13 AM   in reply to JWH-NIRC

I think you've got your two threads mixed up here. I'm not able to find the directions I had for manual deletion that told me the name and location of the file, so I suggested above that you rename the entire Bridge CS6 folder in your user profile.

I didn't send you to any other pages, but I did follow one of the other links in the other thread, and saw the suggestion to add a folder called Bridge CS2 in the same location as the CS6 folder. Did you try that?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 11:08 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

Sorry, but I really don't know what it means to "rename the entire Bridge CS6 folder in your user profile." What is this profile and where is it?

In #1 you told me to trash the Bridge prefs, and then gave a short cut. Since that didn't work, I wanted to do it manually, but don't know where to find it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 7:10 AM   in reply to NIRC

And because I don't know for sure which file it is, either, I can't tell you where to find it with absolute certainty. But I expect that it is probably a part of your user profile, like the prefs for other Adobe apps. In post #9 I provided most of the path to the folder for you. I don't know where your user accounts are stored, but try C:\Users\<your user name here>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\. This is most likely a HIDDEN folder so you will need to open Windows Explorer and go to Tools >Folder Options... and select the View tab, then click the radio button to Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives before you can get to the folder you need.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points