Skip navigation
John CS6
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS6 missing Library files

Mar 16, 2013 9:55 AM

Hello all freaks.

I have in recent years been CS5 Production Premium installed and then decided yesterday to upgrade to CS6. I bought, downloaded and installed the Production Premium. I installed also package Adobe Premier Pro CS6 additional ReadMe files plus content (menus, buttons and backgrounds) for Adobe Encore CS6.

In Encore CS6 it created the groups Corporate, Entertainment, General, Technology, Travel and Wedding, but there appear no menus, buttons or backgrounds when clicked.

I've looked in the respective folders under Adobe Encore CS6/Library/, but they contain no psd files, only two m2vloc files of about 10-20 kb each.

When I browse the corresponding folders in my old CS5, there is a large amount of psd files with menus, buttons and backgrounds in these folders, but not in my CS6 installation.

I hope someone can help me with a solution so I can move on.

Thank you in advance.

Encore_Empty.jpg

Encore_Mapper.jpg

NB: Although it looks so, I'm not new in the forum, but have been here for the last 10 years. However, Adobe's staff has (at my request) deleted my original profile, as it constantly showed my e-mail address instead of my username/nickname. It did so today again, so I have once again created a new temporary profile until Adobe gets solved the problem.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 16, 2013 10:41 AM   in reply to John CS6

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-mi ssing.html

Step 1: Follow the instruction in the top part: "Solution: Install the CS6 Functional Content"

This will install the basic library. If you have CS5.5 installed, backup your Encore library there; it will be deleted by the install.

Step 2: Follow the instructions at the bottom of the link above: "Additional solution: Install the Resource Central library content"

I just noticed that the link about this topic that was present for months at the top of this forum is no longer there.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2013 12:35 PM   in reply to John CS6

Join us in the lounge. The Rolling Rock is on you. Used to have free Yoodels, but no one can agree on a replacement...

Edit: That's the Premiere forum lounge; its always dark in the Encore lounge...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 1:35 PM   in reply to John CS6

I did this Solution: Install the CS6 Functional Content several weeks ago and now there gone again.

Anyone else?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 1:47 PM   in reply to welchphoto

Just to clarify: after the functional content install, you had a few menus? Or the full library with buttons? And what you have now is no library content at all, or a few menus and no buttons?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 2:04 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

Hi

no all the content as disappeared. I am on line chating with support right now but we have just started. I looked in Program files, Adobe, APCS6, Presets and have 3 folders Styles, Templates, Textures.

I think these are the folders that Encore should find but isn't.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 7:44 PM   in reply to welchphoto

I hope support got this sorted for you.

Are you in fact running Encore CS6? If by any chance you are running Encore CS5.5 (actually Encore CS5.1), note that installing the CS6 functional content deletes the Encore CS5.5 library. Go figure.

If not, look at Encore CS6, Edit -> Preferences -> Media. See the location of the library? Since nothing is there, that location is probably empty. Is it?

If it is the default directory for the Encore library, I would just redo the functional content install and adding the full library content.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points